Saturday 1 June 2013

Round 10 - Another four points in the bag

Not quite a perfect round but I missed only one pick so far with all matches for Saturday completed. Now being June already and the freezing cold temps to match, no rain of course, we look to the dreaded "The Three Weeks" stemming from the destruction of the Jewish Temples, and this year it begins "early" on the Roman Calendar, indeed it begins on 25 June which is a little over three weeks away, I was reading last year's blog on The Three Weeks while I waited for the football matches to finish. And it was so that it was during the Three Weeks last year that Sally's sores had turned for the worse and the fluids oozing from the sores had changed color. Well as recent history proved, this resulted in a deadly new phase with her sores. Up until then Sally had been reasonably OK, been able to get up and walk around albeit with my help. But since the dreaded Three Weeks of last year as proven in the record of these blogs, Sally's sores turned for the worse. This literally crippled her, resulting in further hospital stays, and in the last few weeks of her life she was unable to walk at all, being confined to her chair. Of course it was her sores that ultimately killed her. Anyway I will write more on The Three Weeks in my mid-week blogs. Now just lets recap on the football results.

Carlton won as expected over the Giants, while Freo came from behind to beat Adelaide, so my coin toss there was kind to me - I ended up picking Freo. And well I must admit I also picked Sydney over the Bombers, and so another point for me. Then with Geelong finally kicking away from the Suns after a first half tussle which saw the lead changed several times, well I was close to a perfect round. But those Bulldogs threw a spanner into the works and contributed to my one point loss in the tipping so far.

So what for tomorrow's matches. A Hawthorn win over the hapless Demons is virtually a universal tip together with odds so short it wouldn't be worth betting on if I was a betting man!! Of course the Demons could win but if they did then it shouldn't make any difference to my standings in the tipping comp cos no one would have picked them. Its the other match that could be the problem. The Kangaroos against the Saints. I'll go with the Skippies but will expected to be anxiously following the antics of that "worm" that marks the scoring progress of the match on my tablet device, hoping the "worm" stays on the Skippies side and suffering near heart attacks when it dives towards the Saints side!! I am getting too old for this so will probably go work in the garden to release the stress!!

Since the Weavils are not playing until our holiday Monday, I will give my musings about them tomorrow night or Monday morning. It is a public holiday here, Western Australia Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment