Friday 7 June 2013

Round 11 Its gonna be tough!!

Well first of all I was slightly incorrect in regards to this round. It is not a split round but the first of three shortened rounds each with just six matches each. So now with the cursed "The Three Weeks" coming up, we have effectively three short rounds to go before this cursed period. I therefore have three rounds to get back into the top six otherwise I can kiss my top six spot goodbye for this year. The Three Weeks is certain to throw a spanner into the works just like it did last year!! And with each round being only six matches each this will make it that much more difficult to gain the necessary one to two points above the other members of the top ten to ensure me a place in the top six prior to The Three Weeks. If I happen to score all six points the chance are greater that several others will have scored six points, and if I miss even one pick that will potentially cost me more in the context of a six-point round rather than the normal nine-point round.

And well there could not have been a worse match to begin my attempt of my quest!!! Tonight's match is so evenly matched on paper even the bookies are quoting near to even odds with Essendon being the ever slight favorites. But between Essendon and Carlton one can give a perfectly valid argument as to why either of the teams should win. And being a points variance match makes picking the winner even more critical. As evenly matched as it is, the winning margin is not expected to be high, therefore I nominate a low points margin to minimize the calamity if my pick doesn't win. And well since the majority of the sports writers, football personalities, and TV sports commentators are going with the Bombers, as well as being slight favorites on the TAB, well I suppose I had better go with the Bombers - all I can say is they had better win otherwise I will use my magic powers to turn them into Weavils and feed them to the piranhas!! haha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment