Sunday 23 June 2013

Round 13 - An early start to The Three Weeks

If ever one needs any further proof of the power of the curse that is The Three Weeks, the Geelong/Brisbane match provides this proof. The fact that the curse began early is a very bad sign. This The Three Weeks is shaping up to be the worse yet. When Geelong looked like they would win, Brisbane stage an amazing comeback that only had to be inspired by other dimensional powers. My season is in tatters. My run of dismal luck since mother's death is destined to continue. Yet another year since mother's death that I will be without any prizes. The Three Weeks is not solely to blame. We also have been experiencing solar storms for the past two days, the storms of charged particles from the sun buffeting earth. This can also cause energy ruptures somewhat akin to The Three Weeks even if not quite so severe. But being so close to The Three Weeks, these two phenomena combines to cause catastrophic effects.

Perhaps the only saving grace is that I did manage to hold onto 7th spot. No one else in the top 10 have picked Port Adelaide, and one person did actually pick Brisbane which propelled him into the top 10. I am on 81 points, the same as the one in 6th spot, indeed one of a group of four on 81. However the gap in my points variance between myself and 6th spot have increased, and the person below me in 8th spot is fast closing in on me with only 10 points difference in the variance, it seems likely I will drop to 8th spot by next round, a "perfect" start to The Three Weeks. The first match of the next round involves the Weavils again!!!! and they always mess me up in either the tipping and/or the variance. The "perfect storm" is indeed upon me.

So for at least The Three Weeks period and Mercury's retrograde, which makes it a total of four rounds, the tipping will be based solely on the most popular picks by sports writers, and in Weavil matches based on TAB odds. Furthermore the points variance will be based on TAB odds, the midpoint of the margin spread they deemed to be on the shortest odds.




No comments:

Post a Comment