Saturday 22 June 2013

Round 13 - Hmmmm them Powers

Uhhh better get this musings done before I forget which I am liable to do these days..... *sigh*

Oh them Powers, throwing a spanner into the works. Well hopefully no one else in the top 10 would have picked them so this rather amazing upset is unlikely to affect our current standings. The other two results panned out as expected, the Demons did put up a fight which I thought they would but my choice to go with the Saints have been vindicated. Two points for the day, I did say I would not be surprised to get just two points of the maximum three up for grabs.

Today however could be a more serious spanner thrown into the works. The Freo North Melbourne match is the match that could go either way, it would be expected a mixture of tips among the top 10, so is likely to decide my fate for The Three Weeks. Let's just hope that my pick which is Freo based on the fact that the match is being played at Pattersons falls my way and I can get back into the top six in time for The Three Weeks. A Skippy win will seal my fate for this season.

The other match, Lions and the Puddy Cats, should be a no brainer. An upset there will probably equally affect us in the top 10. We should be hearing the sounds of purrrrrrr-ing by the time the match is over. I don't think Lions actually purrrs ;)

Thus will end the three rounds of byes. Just have to remember the first match of the next round is Thursday, and let's hope it won't be a variance match since it involves them bloody Weavils !!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment