Saturday 8 June 2013

Round 11 - Goodbye Top Six

Well I knew the Skippy/Suns game will be the danger game and it proved to be so, the Suns did indeed win, which was not a surprise, it was one of those matches that could have gone either way, and well in hindsight it should have been apparent that it was about time the Suns had a win - but as they say, hindsight is a good teacher but it doesn't come with a Tardis.

This is almost certain to be the nail in my top six coffin. The Weavils always manages to bring me undone regardless of whether I pick them or not. I suppose with the Saints not doing so well lately the Weavils are probably slight favorites, but they are so unpredictable. I guess the only thing is that they seem to play better AWAY from Pattersons, they seem to win more away games than home games. Therefore logic states that the Weavils should win, but when it comes to them Weavils logic tends to go out the window. So whoever I decided to pick it is sure to be the opposite to how it will turn out. So I will lose a 2nd point.

The Maggies should beat the Demons on Monday unless they get abducted by aliens and send a hybrid team onto the field.... and well there was a recent case where the Maggies lost unexpectedly and I put forth that theory!!! However I give 80% chance the Maggies should win. Therefore I expect to come away from this round with a 4-2 result. This will make it almost impossible for me to get into the top six before "The Three Weeks" therefore this year seems destined to be the 2nd consecutive year without any prizes since mother's death. So from now on I will just go with the experts, or in Weavils matches with the TAB odds.


No comments:

Post a Comment