Friday 14 June 2013

Round 12 The struggle to stay in the six

Now is time to put on my Virgo analytical logical mind.... I have a goal here, to at least stay in the top six. It be nice to gain a spot or two but with this round that seems impossible. Each match has a clear favorite with virtually unanimous tips for the favorite by the sports writers etc, except for the politicians but then they are dimwits anyway!! So I could go for a minor upset in one match and risk dropping down to about 10th spot but if the tip goes my way I'd gain a spot or two. But with just one more round before the start of The Three Weeks I don't think the risk is worth it. The top 10 tipsters more than likely will play it safe and pick the favorites, so any upsets won't impact on the standings as we all be in the same boat. The points variance is likely to be the decider. I am in the top six only by points variance, and I am just three points of the variance above 7th spot, so unless he misses it by more than me then I will drop out of the six anyway but still at least have the same tipping points as the new occupant of 6th spot. So due to the proximity of The Three Weeks, playing it safe is what I will be doing.

And so for tonight's match, Hawthorn is almost universally expected to win against Carlton. And so Hawthorn is who I will be going with tonight with a moderate margin so hopefully the points variance will be kind to me....... please universe????

No comments:

Post a Comment