Friday 31 May 2013

Round 10 - oohhh the Maggies!!!

Wow!! Talk about an utter transformation!! It was like the past week didn't even exist!! And well it really messed up  my points variance since they won by so much!! But yeah like an 180 degree turn around they played like the champions that they really are, brushing aside the past week as if it was nothing! It was like they must have travelled in the Tardis and appeared just before the start of the match, or they may have been taken aboard an ET ship and had their DNA changed!! Between this and last week it was like two different teams playing!! It just go to prove that you should always pick the Maggies!! Apparently everyone else in the  office tip comp had learned the same lesson, all but 4 including all of the top 10 picked the Maggies also but all with lesser points variances so I probably dropped down a bit cos of that. But at least I have a perfect start to the round, and so might as well enjoy this start until this afternoon when it is likely to change owing to some matches that could go either way.....

The first match Carlton and Giants should be a no brainer, another point added as Carlton is expected to win. Of course the Giants surely can't go thru the whole season without a win! I mean has a team ever gone through the whole season without a win, at least in modern times? I don't think so. The Giants has to win SOMETIME in the near future. But on balance of probability theory it is unlikely that Carlton will be the victim of the Giant's first win.

The next game could be my first point loss, The Crows at home to Freo, it could go either way. Freo did have a good win even if it was only against Melbourne, but then the Crows are picking up too, and they are at home. The bookies place Adelaide as slight favorites while most of the tipsters in the paper are picking Freo, probably western bias though not as bad as for the Weavils!! Hmmmmm.... looks like I am going to have to get my coin out - Heads I pick Freo, tails I pick the Crows.

Next are Sydney at home to the Bombers.... hmmmmm that is a toughie too to pick. Perhaps Essendon but.... scratching my head.... that coin gonna be very well used!!

Then there is the Puddy Cats against the Suns, Ablett playing against his old team, or his father's old team, could be a source of inspiration here. The Suns could pull this one out of the hat. But on balance of probability theory and the higher skills and experience on paper of the Puddy Cats I will have to go with them but won't be surprised if the lead changes through the match with the Cats finally prevailing.

Last but not least, Bulldogs and the Power. The Bulldogs are playing better and are at home. I really think it could go either way. Slight lean towards the Port. Should I take out my coin again.... nah.... I think Port Adelaide will prevail.... its what I am tipping anyway....

We shall see how it all pans out.....


No comments:

Post a Comment