Sunday 9 June 2013

Round 11 - ahhhh those Weavils

Those Weavils has got to be the most unpredictable team in the whole bloody comp. Just as I thought would happen the Saints held the upper hand for most of the match only to have those Weavils snatch victory from what appeared to be a certain defeat!! Well it happened that I did make the rash decision of picking the Weavils and on this extremely rare occasion the decision actually paid off! So my slender chance of getting into the top six before The Three Weeks remains alive. We just need for the Maggies to beat the Demons tomorrow, what even Maggie haters would concede to be a forgone conclusion. However as per the lessons originally taught by mother, there is no such creature in football as a "certainty", you will not find it in any football code books, not even in the sports section of Wikipedia!! And knowing my luck the Maggies will probably put in a shocker and the Demons would end up bloody winning!! However probably theory dictates that this is unlikely and so I should get my better than expected result of 5-1 for this round giving me still a slender chance of making it into the top six before The Three Weeks. Definitely not counting my chickens yet. Of course we will all be at work tomorrow here in the west, no holiday here, we had our turn last Monday. No more holiday weekends here until October.


No comments:

Post a Comment