Friday 5 July 2013

Round 15 - The Maggies Dilemna

The 2nd round within The Three Weeks and they could not have scripted it better if they tried! A Maggies match first up being a points variance match!!! Well not quite as bad as having a Weavils match first up, but with the Maggies and the Blues both needing to win to maximise their chances of being somewhat more than a spectator during the Finals series, well both will be desperate for a win.

Well given that I managed to keep hold of my 7th spot last week in spite of what appeared to be catastrophic failures, I will continue with my strategy for The Three Weeks, going with the top tipsters in the local paper, or in Weavils matches, going with the shortest TAB odds. This week there are two tipsters on top points, both on 92 points, a little bit more than what I have, indeed more than the top person in our office tipping comp has - he has only 89 points. And since the top two are not Jewish they are unlikely to be affected by The Three Weeks, so will go with them.

Snag is, one picked the Maggies while the other picked Carlton. Obviously only one can be correct unless of course it is a draw, in that circumstances both will get a point each. And being so evenly matched on paper, with nearly even odds on the TAB, a draw could be a reasonably likely result!!

Shall I stick by my rule to always pick the Maggies!? Well given the low proportions of Jews in the League as is in the general population, it is unlikely there be any significant number of Jews in the Maggies either on field or in the leadership and exec teams, therefore, the Maggies are unlikely to be affected by The Three Weeks.

This leaves one other question. Will the Maggies be again abducted by aliens and a hybrid clone team released in their places who are programmed to lose?? Well this appeared to have happened last week when they most unexpectedly (from my point of view) lose the match!! Perhaps the aliens are on my side, given that my soul is of ET origins being incarnated from the stars, so the abduction could have been a tactic to throw the tipsters off and so none of them in our office comp will pick them this week. So if I pick them and they win, I will get a jump start.

Therefore probably best to stick by my original rule, that is, One should ALWAYS pick the Maggies!!!!!!

Points variance however..... hmmmmmmm...... will go for a low value for two reason, it expected to be a close match, and if the Maggies by some outside chance LOSES the match then my variance won't quite be so catastrophic if it is a low value. Plus you can't discount the possibility that the aliens who abducted the Maggies might be Reptilians who are at war against my particular species of ET kins!!!

So will go with the other great love of my life aside from Julie - the MAGGIES!!!!!!!! hehe!! haha!!!...... but if by any chance Julie calls me up and asks me to come over, I will do so in a heartbeat and I don't think football watching nor worm gazing will be among our activities of choice....*wink* *wink*.... at least not the "worm" of the AFL app on my tablet anyway..... ooooops!!!...  hehe haha

No comments:

Post a Comment