Saturday 22 March 2014

Round 1 - The Curse set to continue

Well I knew it would happen, that I would not get the required 4-5 result thanks to the Saints. The best I could expect now is 3-5 but could be as low as 2-5, but either way I will not get the required 50% correct for the difficult Round 1 that I would need in order to keep alive my chances of finishing in the top 6 hence prize money. And so the curse of Mother's death is destined to continue, that after winning prize money each year up to Mother's death, I have not won a prize since her death. So while 2014 is likely to be a good year in other areas, it certainly will not be a good year in regards to football. It will be a Maggie down year, they may not make it into the Top 8, and I will not make it into the top 6 in the office tipping. Results will be purely academic, and it will only be a matter of whether I manage to move from the bottom half into the top half, for in spite of the curse, I have always finished in the top half. It will be bottom half after this Round 1, only a matter of how far into the bottom half I find myself.

This brings me to the much despised Weevils..... grrrrrr..... I so hate them..... Everyone here in the biased west thinks they will finish in the Top 8. They're in desperate need of reality checks!! I must however most extremely grudgingly admit that the Weevils are likely to beat the Bulldogs, but it will be a very close match, less than a goal in it. If by some freak out that they thrash the Bulldogs or win by more than 5 goals, we will never hear the end of it here, all crowing that the Weevils will finish in the Top 8 and even win a Premiership!! No way in hell!!!! No way ever!!!!!

At least I am realistic about the Maggies..... I do acknowledge that they're likely not to make it into the Top 8..... not like those extremely delusional Weevils fans!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment