Wednesday 2 July 2014

Mercury Turns Direct.....

Well with Mercury turning direct again, things are calming down a little bit... but it is the calm before the storm, with the dreaded "The Three Weeks" coming up in a couple of weeks, when the Jewish Temples were destroyed.... more on that next week....

Football tipping.... I managed to get a massive 7 points and now jumped into a positively dizzy 24th spot, still in the bottom half, there are 46 in our comp..... Last week there were two close matches, that is, 6 points of less, and I missed one of them, so the overall score on close matches remains at an even 6-6 - exactly as statistically expected. And the Magpies won!!! So a better week......

Not too much happening at this time...... the calm before the storm.....

My Union's claim for our wage rise..... Well the ballot has opened, we have until July 11 to vote on whether to accept the latest offer, still pitifully low but better than before..... And well I did vote to accept it, mainly cos I can't really afford to strike. However should the majority reject the offer and we go on strike, I will still go on strike.

New financial year.... and everything goes up in this 4th most expensive country on the planet! Taxes... utilities... train fares... licenses... everything that we pay this govt goes up.... My rent goes up but is still way below the market rate for this type of house in this area. Indeed I am paying only as much as I would for a one-bedroom apartment in this area. Also tax time but my days of large tax refund checks are over since I am no longer carer for a disabled pensioner - Sally. I just have my union dues to claim on, so won't get much back at all, but it will be better than nothing..... In any case I probably won't do my tax until AFTER the dreaded "The Three Weeks" period. I never do my taxes during "The Three Weeks", and this year, this cursed period of time begins on July 15, so by the time I receive the necessary documents, it is likely to be too close to the date..... so will just wait until AFTER "The Three Weeks" which ends August 5.

My job... change of duties.... Well with less and less orders coming in, I am now permanently assigned to the Science Kits area for 3 hours each day. The up side is that I am kept busy even when there are no orders, the down side is more contact with my boss who is a reptilian, mainly cos his office is next door to the work area. My first task is to turn the utter chaos into order, a challenging task for a Virgo like me!! I think that in itself will keep me busy for at least six months! I never seen such a chaotic mess in a room - except for Sally's craft room! LOL! But after I finish there, I just get to help make up and maintain science kits - right up my alley!!

Anyway..... this vid pretty well sums up my life.... and the upcoming "The Three Weeks".....


No comments:

Post a Comment