Sunday 26 May 2013

Round 9 - A tough time for tipsters !!!!

Well what I thought would be a catastrophic round thanks to the Maggies loss and Adelaide getting up by a single point turned out to be not quite so drastic thanks to the other tipsters of the top 10 also not faring well. Quite surprisingly all but one also picked the Maggies!! Now they will probably hate them even more and won't pick them next time, but I will be picking them next time indeed every other time unless there are really good reasons not to. Also they all expected the Saints to win, and they all actually did pick North Melbourne! I thought there would be some who would have picked the Crows cos to me that was likely to be a close match that could have gone either way, and well in spite of the Kangaroos seemingly having the match in the bag the Crows had other ideas and ended up winning by a single point!! Anyway I ended up with a lousy 5 points, nearly everyone else scored 6 points. Ironically the person in first spot also managed only 5 points, so I still remain just two points from the top while everyone else in the top 10 edged a point closer, indeed there are now four others who share the same top score of 61 points with only the points variance deciding the positions. Two others on 60 points rounds out the positions above me. I dropped to only as far as 8th spot, I was expecting to drop further down, but thanks to my lesser points variance I am at the top of the group of three on 59 points. Of course since everyone else picked the Maggies they all suffered a similar fate in the points variance so in fact there has been virtually no change in the rankings, I still amazingly remains  one of the few with the least variance, indeed only two others in the top 10 has a lesser variance but one other has only two points more.

So anyway when I thought I had killed any chance of ever getting back in the top six, I am it turns out only a single point outside, and my lesser variance would have kept me in the top six had I correctly picked one other team!! Hopefully Round 10 will be more kind to me!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment