Friday 17 May 2013

Round 8 - The Weavils

Uhhh that time of week again, it does come around rather quickly..... the Friday night match, the Weavils against the Kangaroos. Oh those Weavils I never known a team to be so over rated. By the talk about them in the media here you'd think they're fixing to win a Premiership! If it was another topic they'd be certified for delusional thoughts! LOL! There are 31 tipsters in our local paper, some are famous people, celebs, even a couple of politicians. The politicians have the lowest points, they are such dimwits! The celebs fare somewhat better, then the sports writers, editors, commentators and other football personalities. And of the 31 tipsters, 29 of them picks the Weavils! Even the politicians picked them! 28 of them picks Geelong but that is another matter altogether, that which will be addressed in tomorrow's musings.

Having said all that, well I must grudgingly admit that if I was a betting man then I'd put my money on the Weavils. They do have players coming back in from injuries. Of course that dandee-lion Kerr is parachuted straight back into the team, everyone else have to spend a week or two in the WAFL in order to prove themselves. OK the Weavils does play better when Kerr is in the team, well they usually play a little better anyway. And it is at Pattersons, it has been raining on and off for two days but it has cleared up today, just a wee bit nippy. But is IS at Pattersons, and the Weavils being so egotistical they do thrive on crowd support and so usually play better.

So yeah on balance of probabilities I would have to tip the Weavils in a close match where the lead is likely to change a few times. Being the match where I need to nominate my points variance, well I nominated a very low value. The Weavils to win but not by much. But be warned, I have a tank full of piranhas who will be fed weavils for dinner if they let me down !!!!!!

Tomorrows matches..... well I will deal with them tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment