Saturday 11 May 2013

Round 7 - hanging in the balance

My mixed fortunes on Round 7......

Not a good start with Richmond leading for virtually the whole match for what turned out to be a good win against the Power. Perhaps Port Adelaide will suffer the same fate as Essendon, a top four team going on the slide downwards..... hmmmmm..... perhaps a changing of the guards is in the pipeline. Whatever i lost a point that I didn't really need to lose!!!!!

Well the Weavils did win, I did pick them, and I guess it was a reasonable win. Let's not forget that the Lions are not that crash hot, they are firmly rooted in the bottom half keeping company with the likes of the Giants and Demons!!

Both the Kangaroos and Hawks recorded wins as expected.

But my Maggies.... ooohhhhh my Maggies!!!.... boo!! hoo!!!... waaaahhhhhh!!!!..... what happened to my Maggies!!!! Were they abducted by aliens and replace by cloned androids that were programmed to lose!! Did they get lost in a parallel universe!!? Nah..... I suppose I must say that Freo were the better team on the day, they did play very well, and are genuine top 4 contenders. They're way better than the Weavils anyway!! The Weavils can consider themselves lucky if they managed to scrape into the top 8. But Freo, they were very impressive, they have beaten top teams, and are more genuine contenders even for the flag.

But it just mean a most uncomfortable 2-point loss in my tipping leaving me in a precarious position!! I needed at least 8 points for a chance to get back into the top 6. The best I can now hope for is 7 points, that may be enough for me to keep my 8th spot in the office tipping comp. Any less than 7 will probably see me slide even further down ensuring a 2nd consecutive year without prize money, the two years since mother's death that I didn't win any prize money. Up until then, while mother was still with us, I won prize money each year. On the year of mother's death I barely managed to win enough to cover the joining fee, but since then I had won zilch nyet zit nothing!!!!!

And well today's matches, the match that is likely to be the nail in my top-6 coffin is the Melbourne and Suns match. Although on paper the Suns is likely to win, indeed I did pick them, the Demons could very well put in that extra bit of effort. The Suns is still a young and relatively inexperienced team that is more likely to falter under unexpected circumstances. So I am rather worried about this match. Well nothing can be done, logic says to stick with the Suns, all I can do is just wait and see how it all pans out. Of course today being Mother's Day it would be ironic if the Demons did win, or an upset occurs with the Giants!!!

Adelaide should beat the Giants, and tomorrow Carlton should beat the Saints. So bar any upsets I should end up with at least 6 points, but I really need 7 to give myself a chance to at least hold 8th spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment