Saturday 25 May 2013

Round 9 - Season hangs in the balance

My season that is..... with a loss of three points, effectively four points due to the massive blowout in the points variance due to Sydney's big win, it looks like I will be out of the top six this week, it is just a matter of how far out of the six I will be. Everyone else would have picked Sydney on Friday as they all hate Collingwood so it will be an immediate one point plus points variance gain on me.

The Puddy Cats won as expected, everyone in contention for the top six would have picked them, so no effective change in rankings there. The Weavils, well everyone would have picked them too, and now they are in the top 8 we are never going to hear the end of it. Now they will say the Weavils are going to win a premiership just cos they beat the Giants by 100 points. Perhaps the Tigers can give them a reality check next week. But anyway a Weavil win will also make no changes in our tipping rankings. And as for the Western Bulldogs, it was an unexpected win although there may have been a couple of more daring souls in the six who may have picked them, so a possible further drop for me there.

This leaves the last two matches for today which would have been a toss of the coin for each of them, therefore my correct tip in one of them may perhaps neutralized the loss in the other depending on who else have correctly tipped winners.

Now with three matches tomorrow only one of them potentially decides just how far out of the six I will drop out. Everyone will pick the Hawks against the Giants, and similarly a unanimous tip for Freo to beat the Demons so any upsets there is unlikely to result in any rank changes. Only the Kangaroos  Crows match that will sort out the final rankings for this week. A correct tip there would ensure I don't drop quite as far down the ladder and still give me a reasonable chance of getting back into the six, an incorrect tip could very well end my season and ensure the 2nd consecutive year since mothers death of no prizes after I had won prizes each year prior to this. So hoping my tip will skippy across the line.......


No comments:

Post a Comment