Saturday 18 May 2013

Round 8 - The rise of the Maggies !!!! hehe !!!!

Uhhhhh what happened to those Bombers!!!  hmmmm.... things are looking grim.... things are looking very grim...... sheez they can't even beat the lions.... and I bloody lost my point!! Well part of being a tipster is you learn lessons, you learn from one's mistakes, and so I learn not to pick the Bombers.... grrrrrr..... hmmmm who are they playing next week.... uhhhh the tigers.... well if they can't beat any lions then I can hardly imagine them beating any tigers...... uuuhh well....

At least the Maggies won!!!! hehe!!! haha!!!!..... they were in the lead for most of the match, then the puddy cats hit top gear towards the end of the 3rd term and hit the front, and I thought that was it, the Maggies ran out of legs... or wings as I should say..... but no.... they still had a bit left in the tank, they hit the front and won by 6 points.... this proves at least the Maggies can beat the top teams when they put their mind to it, even the top of the ladder team.... hehe !!!!!!!

Anyway as for the other matches, the Hawks trotted over the line as expected. The Bulldogs put up a bit of a fight but in the end the Suns prevailed. And as for the Sydney and Freo match, a bloody draw!!!!!! Sydney were in front for most of the match only to end in a bloody draw!!!! arrrrgh!!!!

Uh well I got three points for the day.... certainly no thanks to those Bombers....arrrgh!!!.... so now sitting on a reasonable 4-2 result with three matches tomorrow, two of them that could go either way, meaning I could be unlucky enough to end up with 5-4. The only consolation is that none of the other top 10 or 11 tipsters would have picked the Lions, we all would have expected the Bombers to win, so no one would have gained on me due to that match. It will be down to four matches, two today and two tomorrow - obviously no one would have picked a draw, I am not sure of the rules but I think we all get an extra point regardless of who we picked in that match, I guess I will find out tomorrow when all results will be posted on the website. So it will be down to the other two "doubtful" matches today, as to how many would have picked the Suns and of course my Maggies though most people in my office hates the Maggies so probably would not have picked them!!!!! The Tigers would be an unanimous pick over the hapless Demons, therefore the other two matches tomorrow will ultimately decide my ranking. Carlton could very well beat the Power especially at Etihad, and it will be touch and go between the Crows and the Saints in spite of the Crows' home ground advantage. So whether I will remain in touch with the top 6 or even make it into the top 6 will truly be in the laps of the gods....... indeed my fortunes for this season it seems will rest on this round, or at least set the trend for a most likely ultimate result.


No comments:

Post a Comment