Saturday 27 April 2013

Round 5 part 3 not so grim

Oh what a round!!! I managed to score all four points today giving me a much better result of 5-2.

The Suns won as expected, turned out to be a big win in the end. Carlton stayed ahead of the Crows for virtually the whole match and in spite of a Crows fightback which for a while looked like would steal the game and wreck my tipping results, the Blues thankfully held on and scored when it really mattered - in the final few minutes!! The Geelong and Bulldogs game wasn't such an one-sided affair that many expected, the Cats did win as expected, being ahead for all but the 1st quarter.

The Weavils however, they managed to stay so far ahead of Port that by the 3rd quarter I was ready to concede most grudgingly that perhaps they are not so bad afterall and I resigned myself to the loss of the 3rd point. However the Power had other ideas!! They staged a truly incredible fightback in the 4th quarter and for over the last half of the quarter they remained less than a goal in front!!! Talk about stress!! I am getting too old for this kind of suspense!!!!!! But oohhhhhh what a relief when they held on for a 5 point victory completing a perfect Saturday round for me!!!!

Now just two more matches to go for tomorrow, and with the bookies posting fairly short odds for both my picks I should hopefully pick up both points bar any upsets of course. The Lions should account for the Demons without too much bother although if the Lions takes it too easy the Demons could conceivably get up for an unexpected win. The Hawks shouldn't have too much trouble in overcoming the Kangaroos.

If all goes to plan then I should hopefully remain in the top 6, but we all know in football not everything goes to plan all the time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment