Friday 26 April 2013

Round 5 part 2 things are looking very grim

hmmmm.... with Freo getting over the line by the slimmest of margins things are looking very grim with a dismal 1-2 result, I am in danger of falling out of the top 6, and with a disastrous point variance stemming from the Maggies thrashing at the hands of the Bombers, it will be difficult to get back into prize money contention. There's no point in saying, uhhh Richmond had the game won when they hit the front in the last dying minutes of the match and was unlucky to get pipped at the post. Facts of the matter is Freo did win, and I have a 1-2 result going into today's round of four matches with all but one up for grabs.

Suns verses Giants. While the Suns are expected to win, the Giants are no pushover and if they happen to have a good day today then it could be enough to throw the Sun's off balance. Carlton at home to Adelaide, it looks like Carlton on paper but again the Crows are capable of causing a minor upset.  The only near-certainty of today's matches is Geelong over the Western Bulldogs. Even the over-rated Weavils may pip the Powers at the post in spite of the match being a Power home match. I think the Power is more likely to win, as I say, the Weavils are over rated. So depending on my luck I could lose as much as 3 points, I will have to be happy with 2 points, anything more will be a bonus. I am staring down the barrel of a dismal round. It will remain to be seen whether if this time tomorrow morning I will be looking to Sunday to salvage a catastrophic round or to consolidate a more reasonable round. But whatever the results it seems like it will be my destiny to be on the outer longingly looking at a top 6 position and hoping beyond hell that round 6 will be more kind to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment