Thursday 11 April 2013

Round 3

Looks like a very interesting round indeed and will be hard to pick, more difficult than most will give credit for, I will be hard pressed to repeat my 8-1 result from last week. On that score I shot up 11 places to 13th in my office tipping comp, being just 3 points behind the leader. Of course there is always someone who manages to pick all 9 matches, indeed 4 of them did so. Nevertheless considering you need to be in the top 6 to get the prize monies then I still stand a reasonable chance although my catastrophic points variance will cost me dearly.

Now my Round 3 musings.... Essendon meets Freo tonight, both are unbeaten and Freo is here at home in the warm climes of the west coast. So in theory one team will not maintain its unbeaten record, though of course it could be a draw!! Essendon is on top on percentages, and as they say, good teams wins regardless of whether they are at home or away and in spite of media controversies. They are certainly up against the wall on both counts but it will just make them that much more determined out on the field as they will have a point to prove. So I will tip the Bombers but with a small points variance, it will be close. There will be trouble if the Bombers lets me down!! haha!!

North Melbourne at home to Sydney, another toughie to pick and could go either way in spite of their relative positions on the ladder. It takes at least 4 to 5 rounds before ladder positions becomes established relative to true team form so is not yet the best indicator of form being only 2 rounds worth. A toss of the coin for that one.

As for the Weavils and Melbourne, it is utterly beyond me why everyone is picking the Weavils!! Could put that down to bias on the part of the media here on the west coast, but even the TAB has Melbourne at $12, and they are Australia wide!! If they're not careful some people are gonna win a lot of money!! The Weavils are utterly useless and they can't handle the MCG. OK they have players back from injuries, big whoops!!! Hmmmmm..... The Demons sacked their CEO, and teams generally play better after a sacking within their ranks. Sticking my neck out, the Demons for me especially being at the MCG.

The Giants and the Saints..... yet another close match in the making, another toss of the coin here. I think Geelong should beat Carlton. Gold Coast and Brisbane another toughie to pick. So we have 6 matches, 5 that could go either way, I'd be happy if I manage to pick 3.

Sunday's matches I will talk about tomorrow night.......

No comments:

Post a Comment