Saturday 6 April 2013

Round 2 Progress thus far

Uhhhhh what a difference a week makes. They say a week in politics is a long time, well its a long time in the tipping stakes as well. My tipping so far has yielded a perfect result of 6-0 with three matches left tomorrow. From Friday's night match my points variance for this week is low, my predicted winning margin being only 6 points off the actual margin. It's a pity that the variance is cumulative so my overall variance is still catastrophically high, it is just that only 6 points were added to it for this week.

So even if I miss all three matches tomorrow my points for this week's tipping will still be higher than last week. Geelong should beat North Melbourne so most likely to gain at least one more point. But the last two matches are hard to pick. My fingernails will be chewed to the bone by the time the Carlton and Collingwood match is over, it could go either way and is likely to be close. Carlton may manage to keep its nose in front when it matters most, at the final siren, but if I was to pick Carlton and my Magpies ends up winning I would feel really bad, so am sticking with the Magpies - it's either that or toss the coin as to which box I would tick on my online tipping sheet!!

Then there is the Weagles and Hawthorn - too close to call. A toss of the coin there as well. Whatever happens it is unlikely that my perfect record will remain intact. I should get at least 7 points, perhaps 8 but I won't hold my breath for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment