Saturday 13 April 2013

Round 3 Progress

Uhhhhh so the Weavils managed for a record win. Biggest margin at MCG. Best 3rd term score ever. Weavils are on their way back. Top 4 finish. Gonna win the flag..... WHOA!!!!! Time out people!! Let's take three deep breaths!! We're talking about Melbourne here, and let's not forget they put up a hell of a fight in the first half, even taking the lead a time or two, and it looked like my prediction would be accurate!! But it wasn't to be. All that has happened was that the Demons didn't eat enough Weeties for brekkie!! They simply ran out of steam which is what bottom teams do on occasions. It's not that the Weavils had really improved that much, it was simply that the Demons didn't have enough Weeties, they ran out of steam, rolled over and played dead! I thought they would put up a better fight than that, and for the 1st half I was right! But I am not the one who feeds them brekkie!! LOL!! A Weavil reality check is in order, and Carlton will be the one who will deliver that reality check next week even at Pattersons! Carlton is of a higher calibre than the hapless demons and they will not just roll over and play dead. They almost upset one of my other tips, came close to beating the Cats before they managed to hold on for a reasonable win. As it turned out it was those bloody Weavils again who frustrated my attempt at a perfect tipping record, that match being my only loss so far. I now enjoy a better than expected 5-1 result.

For a while I thought those Bombers were fixin to let me down, but they managed to fight back and snatch the game from the jaws of the Dockers, ensuring success in my first tip. Furthermore my predicted margin of 5 points was off by only a point, so my point variance increased by only 1 point this round, the cumulative total still catastrophically high but not so much of a catastrophe now. The Kangaroos did put up a fight as I expected them to but in the end Sydney did enjoy a good win, and another point to my total. I thought the Giants would put up a greater fight than they did but after the first term catastrophe for them their fate was sealed as was my 3rd point. Carlton almost stole my 4th point but thankfully the puddy Cats managed to hang on for a fair win. The closest game was the Suns and Lions, and it seems my luck may have changed at least temporarily, the 2nd match being decided by less than 6 points actually going my way!!!! So 5 points thus far with three matches to go tomorrow.

Those three matches however are far from certain, though one would think Richmond SHOULD beat those Bulldogs but I wouldn't quite put my life savings on that, just another tipping point!! My Magpies, well it breaks my heart to say this, but I think they are in for a hard slog against those Hawks, and may come up a wee bit short. It's a match that could go either way, but if I wasn't a Magpie fan then I'd pick the Hawks. Perhaps it is time to put my loyalties aside..... hmmmmmm..... not going to say another thing about it. Last but not least, the inter-town rivalry between Port and Adelaide. That one hard to pick, the Crows probably slight favorites but it will depend on which team has the most players waking up on the right side of the bed that day tomorrow morning.

So let's see... should get at least one more point, I'd be very happy with two, and utterly ecstatic if I get all three for tomorrow.... I'll hope for about two points I will be satisfied with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment