Sunday 28 April 2013

Round 5 Final Results

Well I did get my two points for today but oh what a nerve wracking experience it has been!! I am getting way too old for such nerve wracking suspense!!!! Brisbane didn't have things all their way and for a little while it looked as if the Demons could have gotten up for an unexpected win. The Lions were never really safe until the last few minutes of the match when they managed to gain a 4-goal advantage. The next match was even more nerve wracking, the Kangaroos even taking the lead at times while the Hawks seem to struggle to get any break at all. With the Kangaroos threatening to steal the match and ruin my Sunday tipping record, most thankfully the Hawks managed to hang on. So I got the two points but I probably aged 10 years in the process, probably gotten a few more grey hairs to add to my increasing collection of it !!!!

So in spite of a bad start I did manage to salvage the round and scored 7 points in total, the same as last week. I even managed to gain a spot in the competition ladder, now up to 4th spot with a total of 33 points, the leader has 36 points. There are five of us on 33 points and amazingly I am just 2nd from the top in the 33-point bracket, the three people below me having an even worse points variance than me!!! My points variance is at 150 while the person above me also on 33 has a variance of 143, the person below me has a huge 174 points, the next person down a much worse 206 points, and the last person in the 33-point bracket bearing a whopping 231 points variance which is keeping him out of the top 6!! The person occupying 2nd spot with 34 points has a variance of 159, while the top person on 36 has a variance of a huge 172 points. So I guess my variance is not so catastrophic afterall !!

So far luck has been on my side though it hasn't gone totally my way. In the Freo and Richmond match with the controversy of the goal umpire getting in the way thus denying Richmond the score that would have given them victory, if the Tigers had been given that score as they should have I would have jumped up possibly to 2nd spot cos nearly everyone else picked Freo to win! I thought Richmond was more likely to win, and I was indeed correct, just that bloody goal umpire getting in the way!!!! Richmond SHOULD have won!!!! Uh well them the breaks, there is order and chaos in the universe, and the chaos is what gets in the way!!!

Taking it a round at a time we shall see what Round 6 brings......

No comments:

Post a Comment