Thursday 4 April 2013

Round 2

My football musings for this week - part 1

I finally gotten up the courage to check online our office tipping comp, and well I barely made it into the top half, ranked 24 from a total of 48. A whole lot of us were on 4 points but due to my catastrophic points variance I am at the bottom of the group of 4-pointers. The top tipster only gotten 6 points and that is 3 of us so I guess being only 2 behind the top there is hope yet, but it is likely that my catastrophic points variance will cost me dearly in cases of dead heats.

Now for this week and there are at least 5 matches that could go either way, and knowing my luck or lack thereof, the team that wins will be the team I didn't pick. Tonight's game although most of the experts are picking Richmond I don't think the result is so certain, it's a fair likelihood that the Saints could come up with the goods. Nevertheless I will go with Richmond but will choose a low points variance to try to limit the damage especially if the Saints wins. If Richmond wins I don't think it will be by a lot anyway so a low variance would be the order for the day or night as the case may be.

For the Saturday matches, Sydney SHOULD win but I think will be a closer match than most give credit for. Gold Coast won't be the easy-beats like they were last year, especially given they beat the Saints last week. The Western Bulldogs and Fremantle match is one of the 5 that could go either way. If not for home ground advantage I'd be more comfortable tipping Freo, but it will be the Bulldog's home ground advantage that will make it a closer match. I won't jinx myself by saying who I picked!!

Brisbane Lions and Adelaide is another toughie to pick, that could go either way as well. Again the Lions has the home ground while most seem to think Adelaide is the better team. Port Adelaide SHOULD beat the Giants especially being it in Adelaide. And of course I have to concede that the Bombers shouldn't have too much trouble against the Demons but there will be trouble if the Bombers let me down!! hehe!!

I shall talk about Sunday's matches tomorrow, one of them being my beloved Magpies.

No comments:

Post a Comment