Sunday 6 April 2014

Round 3 - Oh those Bombers !!

Oh it's been a slightly better round......

The Giants had a fair win over those Demons, so a good start to my Sunday.....

The Powers however they let me down!! They lost by 7 points, so technically not counted as a "close match" for the purpose of my stats. I am recording every "close match" where the margin is 6 points or less to discern the curse of the close matches. Probably theory dictates that I should tip correctly on 50% of the close matches, so anything significantly less than 50% will be proof that the curse is real. But since the Skippies won by more than 6 points, even if it is 7 points, it won't be counted as part of my stats.

And those Bombers..... ooohhh yes.....  that was a good win.... I give them that much..... and yes I did pick them..... very happy..... hehe.......

So it is a 7-2 result for me......

However still not in the top half. I did move up 8 spots and am now sitting at 30th spots from a field of 46. Am in a group of 4 people on 20 points, am 3rd in this group thanks to my diabolical points variance. However the top person has 25 points. A 5 points difference doesn't seem much however there is a difference of no more than two points between me and the top tipsters. Firstly, due to my diabolical points variance, the real difference is 6 points, I will have to gain that extra point to make up for the points variance. This week I got 7 points, the top tipsters got 8 points, no one managed to tip all 9 matches correctly. So for me to make gains up the ladder, I would need to be really lucky to to tip more than most others for at least 6 or 7 weeks - that simply will not happen..... I may have an odd week where I tip more than most others, but it will never happen more than a week at a time.

Now for Round 4.......

No comments:

Post a Comment