Saturday 5 April 2014

Round 3 - The Curse of the close matches

Well after missing the points of the close match today, I thought I go back to all of the instances so far of close matches, where the margin was 6 points or less. In previous years I'd lose more than 50% of those close matches, thus the curse of the close matches. Well so far this season there has been just TWO close matches, that is, 6 points or less, this includes today's match - Bulldogs and Richmond, where the Dogs won by just two points, while I picked the Tigers. However in the only other close match I did pick correctly, so at this stage my miss rate is 50% as statistically expected.

Now the other matches..... The Swanees made a meal of the Crows, so one point to me!!!

My Solar Flares prediction proved correct again, each time there are solar flares the Suns would win, and so they won again today, a very good win too!! So another point......

Those Weevils they had a scare and a half, I was really hoping they LOSE even though I picked them!! But it wasn't such a good game for them, they nearly blew it! But then for some reason they don't play well at Pattersons, probably cos they drink too much champagne and eat too much caviar prior to the matches!! But they won, so am reasonably happy for the point - but waiting to see what excuses they come up with for allowing the Saints to be in front for much of the match!!!

And the Maggies..... it was a close one..... but in the end, my choice to go with the Puddy Cats was vindicated. This is so not gonna be the Maggie's year this year!! At least I face up to that fact!!!

So at this stage am running at 5-1..... I guess I should enjoy it while I can!!!

Now tomorrow's matches....

The Giants and the Demons..... could be another close match, may see if the curse of the close matches kicks in, if the margin ends up less than 6 points. I think I picked the Giants, probably cos it is in Giant's territory.

The Skippies and the Powers..... hmmmm not as easy to pick as one would think, but I will go with the Powers....

Last but not least.... them Bombers and the Blues..... So will the Bombers be singing the blues? Well I actually picked the Bombers, so they had better win, or else there is going to be trouble!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment