Wednesday 21 August 2013

Winter Blues.....

Right now I am feeling rather miserable, depressed, even slightly suicidal.... this sinus infection is utterly getting me down especially since it seems to be going to my chest which means the cough coming on. I can handle the sore throat and the headache, I just take codeine for them and it pretty well goes away. I can handle the runny nose or even the blocked nose, I just have plenty of handkerchiefs on hand. But I simply cannot handle the cough, I hate the cough with a passion, it is the most disruptive of the cold symptoms, and even the strongest cough medicines does not quench it 100%. I heard someone at work saying that there are some nasty strains going around and someone had the cough for two months!!! I am telling you now, if I am faced with the prospect of having a cough for two months I swear to every god and goddess that I will kill myself. I prefer death to being afflicted with the cough for two months!!

The sinus infection came on me on Thursday so I threw a sickie on Friday in the hope I may recover from it, and felt better for a while. I still went for my walk on Saturday though didn't walk too far, but the weather was reasonable, showers around but none fell on me during my walk. This time I was at Churchmans Brook dam for my walk. The infection seemed to get a little worse on Sunday probably cos of the walk so I took it as easy as possible, not doing any yard work nor cooking, not even going to the shops. I just did my laundry and some light cleaning with the steam mop which makes it so much easier. The groceries were due to be delivered on Sunday morning as I decided to start doing online ordering. This included some grog from the liquor store attached to the supermarket, this represented the first time I had alcohol in the house. I couldn't have any with Sally cos she was allergic to it. Tragically I haven't been able to have any of it yet cos of the drugs I am taking for this damned cold.

I thought about taking another sickie on Monday since we can take a maximum of two consecutive sickies without needing a doctor's note. And since I am currently without a family GP then I'd be in trouble if I need more than two days off. It is difficult to find a new GP as many of them does not take new patients. It is the legacy of the two years of hell that our former doc had taken us of his books, as due to Sally's immobility we could not get to the doc, and it is next to impossible to get back with him as he hasn't been taking new patients for several years.

Anyway I thought about taking my 2nd sickie on Monday, but when I woke up on Monday morning I decided I was well enough to come to work as it seemed the sinus was clearing up. However by Tuesday it seemed to getting worse again and I feared it may be going to my chest - the worst possible scenario for common colds. So I ordered by mail some of those "day/night" flu pills, indeed a large box of them as they have been effective before, and ordering online sure beats the queues at the chemist.

I have now been going to work for the past three days but with this dreadful cough taking hold I feel like death warmed over. What I feared most it seems is coming to pass, the infection is going to my chest, and I feel dreadfully depressed and somewhat suicidal. With the help of these meds this is going to have to improve soon otherwise I will be taking drastic measures. I will not be living with this for two months!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment