Saturday 30 March 2013

Disaster Area

Just as was the case last year the football tipping situation is turning into an utter disaster area in the first round from which I will never recover. With only one point from three matches today my tipping stands at a terminal 2-6 with three matches to go - two tomorrow and one on Sunday. Since "luck" and me are mutually exclusive I would guess that based on current trends I may get one more point out of the next three matches and I hope that one point will be delivered by my beloved Magpies. Either way by the end of Monday I expect no better than a terminal 3-9 from which no recovery is possible therefore this will be the 2nd year in which no prize money will be collected by me. After collecting prize money every year up until 2011, the year of mother's death, I have failed to collect any prize money in 2012, and 2013 seems destined for the same fate. Indeed luck seems to have deserted me in many ways since mother's death, my life has gone downhill since then, and this is reflected in the football tipping results. Bad luck is my destiny and it is only through the scientific analysis of team form which seems to have been established in this first round that I will enjoy better tipping results however with a catastrophic points variance total and a terminal 1st round tipping result, this will not be enough to get me into prize qualifications.

I will be at mother's old place tomorrow for Easter lunch and more than likely the football will be on the TV. Mother never liked the TV being on when guests are over but she'd tolerate it being on while sitting around waiting for the meal, but once dinner is served or even afternoon dinner the TV goes off, mother was most insistent on that!! But since mother is no longer there I expect the rules will be more relaxed. The Melbourne and Port Adelaide match is scheduled for 1:10pm at the MCG and I THINK daylight savings is still in force so that makes it 3 hours difference, so will probably catch the last quarter or so of the match when I arrive there near lunch time. My beloved Magpies are due to play at 4:40pm which will make it 1:40pm here so will probably be still at mother's when that match begins and will probably leave for home around half time with either being very hopeful, or biting my fingernails, or totally dejected and hopeless!! All this assuming of course they still have pay-TV online, and knowing Pasco being the sports lover, I be surprised if they no longer had pay-TV. However I will come prepared with my little tablet which has the AFL app installed and I will at least have the live update going with the worm which I will quietly check at opportune times - I hope that worm stays in the Magpies half of the tablet display!!! I just have to make sure the device is fully charged before I leave!!

I will post another blog in the morning on more general topics including a scanned copy of my death notices in the paper for Sally.

No comments:

Post a Comment