Wednesday 25 July 2012

Well it was Scenario 2 and option 1 - refer to previous blog!! Sally duly informs me the concrete has been poured and the driveway blocked off. So I booked online a taxi for a specific time and as I waited at the front doors the taxi was on time but was shocked to see TWO taxis arrive!! Well there are often others at work, the more wealthy and higher level office people, who regularly uses the taxi for commutes to and from work, only this time there was no one waiting with me!! So utterly confused as to which taxi to approach, one opened his door and called out my name!! That answers the question. But I will never know whether both taxis responded to my booking or the other was simply waiting for someone else who was either later coming out or the taxi was early.

Anyway we were on our way to the medical supplies place, but such as the curse of the three weeks, when I gotten inside the shop there was another customer before me and she was really taking her time thus costing me money!! The wait time for taxis are I think charged at a higher rate than actual drive time. You see there are two ways to purchase items at the shop, you either order online and you pick it up a day later, or you walk in and order the items in the shop. Unfortunately we both go to the same counter. Pre ordering online is cheaper than simply purchasing the items instore, which is why I take the former option. But the customer before me looked like the type who wouldn't know the meaning of "online" nor ever used a computer in her life! There's a certain look about people who are dimwits when it comes to computers. And she was REALLY taking her time. Its not unusual to be waiting for other customers before being served but they don't usually take so long. This one was taking forever, and the taxi driver was about to come into the shop to see where I was when she FINALLY was through and I was able to simply pick up my order within 5 seconds!! The taxi driver loaded them in the trunk for me. But the taxi fare was at least twice the amount I would have paid if I was served immediately and gotten my order!! Indeed the fare was at least as expensive as if I took the taxi all the way home!! The curse of the three weeks always finds a way to inflict its sting on me!!

But the rest of the exercise went relatively smoothly. We gotten back to my workplace, then I packed up my items and brought with me from the order what I needed only for tonight. And I gotten home on the bus before dark!!

The driveway remains blocked this night, and unless the contractors comes really early and remove the barriers, it seems likely I will be back on the buses tomorrow. I am not sure how long it takes for the concrete to dry but I tend to think  it is 24 hours, and according to Sally, they didn't start work until after 1PM...... anyway tomorrow is Thursday and there are only three more days to go before the end of the cursed three weeks. Saturday is the anniversary of the Temples' destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment