Thursday 26 July 2012

Well I got to "christen" our new driveway this morning, was finally able to use the car again and "christen" the driveway by driving on it on my way out to work. It is sad when the most exciting part of one's life is a new driveway or at least a new bottom part of the driveway.  I will post pixs when I get home, this computer at my workplace is not quite sophisticated enough to accept uploads from my cell phone but my computer at home is set up for it.

We are close to the end of the three weeks with Tisha B'Av being the lunar anniversary of the Temples' destruction starting sundown tonight though being a Sabbath the Jews defers the fast until Sunday - Jews does not fast on a Sabbath except if Yom Kippur happens to fall on a Sabbath which happened last year. The end of the three weeks is often the most intense, and indeed some of the worst calamities to befall Jews happened on the day of Tisha B'Av. The 1st World War began on Tisha B'Av, this led to the holocaust some two decades later, and the eviction from the Warsaw Ghetto also started on Tisha B'Av, those Jews were fated to enter into the holocaust.

This brings me to the football tipping, granted that it is less than miniscule compared to the holocaust nevertheless one's suffering is relative. When things are going relatively well, that is, there is no wars happening in our immediate vicinity, not under occupation of hostile foreign forces who hates Jews, and etc, our "suffering" tends to be focused on more trivial matters - such as my tipping scores!!! And tonight we have Essendon and Hawthorn. On paper its a no brainer but we all know Essendon is good at pulling the rabbit out of the hat, they could turn around and thrash the Hawks thus adding to my already catastrophic points variance given I pick the Hawks. I haven't submitted my tips yet so not going to say who I will pick. Then my beloved Magpies plays tomorrow, Tisha B'Av day, and well again it should be a no brainer but knowing my luck the Giants could turn around and beat us!!! Afterall the match is in Sydney.

Now on not so trivial matter though still miniscule compared to the holocaust..... eviction of another kind, our eviction from our house. As yet we have had no indications of our eviction, no letters from real estate companies, no eviction notices, and no visits from the landlord though had to deal with him in regards to the footpath/driveway. But given that the worst calamities occurs on Tisha B'Av, and in our situation our eviction would be close to the worst calamity to befall us at this particular time, I will be very nervous if we are paid a visit by the landlord tomorrow even just to inspect the new driveway!! Sooner or later he will want to see the new driveway, and he usually comes by on Saturdays if he comes by at all.

I guess we shall wait and see how it all pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment