Thursday 15 March 2012

Here it's Friday morning and thought I'd get in early before the business sets in. Another weekend awaits, but weekends are not times of rest for me, it is when the workload of caring for Sally is transferred to me as there are no Silver Chains carers or nurses that comes over the weekend.

Today more errands at lunchtime. I go to the PO box to collect any mail that I may have, usually bills. As an old joke goes, if I had any doubt how much the creditors loves me try missing a payment and I will know they miss me very much!! LOL!!

Then after the PO errand I go fill the car. Here we have a website that lists the cheapest petrol/gasoline stations for the day, and am usually fortunate enough to be within a 5 miles radius of one of the cheapest stations in the city. Today it is at Warwick, just a short stretch up the Freeway from here. There are always queues at the cheapest station whereever it is, often out into the street. But when we are talking about 2-3cents per litre difference between the cheapest and next cheapest, it is worth the wait. The average price is about $1.50/l (approx $5.76/gal for those in the US complaining about high gas prices!!) but the cheapest is running at $1.36/l; ($5.23/gal) down to $1.32/l with the supermarket discount docket which I always make sure to have on hand, so is worth the bit of extra travel as i go past all of the more expensive stations with no more than 1 or 2 cars in the driveway to the cheapest where the queues often snakes out onto the adjacent road!!

Anyway enough about life in this expensive country, still amazed at the land of 99c burgers and all-you-can-eat joints for as little as $5, where they think $1.40/gal gas is highway robbery!!! - the U.S.A that is!!!!

Some more interplanetary travelling......










No comments:

Post a Comment