Sunday 25 March 2012

Back at work after another torrid weekend with Sally. Her condition is getting worse, the swelling is getting worse, the sores are spreading and costing us an utter fortune in bandages etc, and her pain is getting worse to the point where she hasn't slept for three nights. She is due for a doc appt this week, Wednesday. Our doc who is also a Naturopath had recommended some pure oils that can be gotten online yet they are so expensive and we can't afford them due to having to spend on bandages etc. If not for the bandages we could get the oils, yet we need the bandages as her sores are weeping and literally dripping. These are special bandages designed to catch the moisture, and special tape to hold the bandages on with as she is allergic to the normal tapes that one usually get from the chemist. So a catch 22 situation. The current situation is unsustainable. It seems the only other solution are the natural oils, but there is simply no way we can afford them for as long as we must spend money on bandages. I think I will need to get some more lotto tickets.

With the football season starting, I am back in the office footy tipping comp through the West Australian newspaper. I always at least win back the entry fee. A couple of years ago I came 2nd and won about $300, I would have come first if I hadn't forgotten to submit my tips one weekend!! Last year wasn't so good but I still won back at least the entry fee of $50 and then a bit more. So will see how it pans out this year. Last week was a no brainer, we all knew Sydney would beat the new team GWS. The rest of the fixtures  for the 1st round is next weekend, and of course I will pick the Maggies - my beloved Collingwood Magpies.






No comments:

Post a Comment