Thursday 29 June 2017

Football - Magpie Pennance

Here I must make a solemn confession. I have committed the heinous sin of picking the Magpies in the very much mistaken thought that they would actually win a match, and now I am facing the consequences of the curse of Chiron. I solemnly declare I shall never pick the Magpies again regardless of the strength of the temptation to do so. How presumptuous of me to think they could actually win a match. Now I must consider what penance I must perform to atone for this heinous sin.....

Well at least my Weevil voodoo doll seems to be working. And they can't make any excuses this time, cos the match was right here at home, right in the midst of their beloved Domain Stadium. Definitely no excuses there!!

So let me rebuild my shattered reputation, and see if I can improve on my six correct picks from last week..........

Friday night the Demons and the Swans, a hard one to pick, so what have I to lose but use my convoluted logic..... Demons are used to heat and likes to have cooked Swans.....

Now Saturday..... oh those poor battered Weevils has to travel now.... oh dear how tragic..... time to put some bite marks into my Weevil voodoo doll, the Bulldogs will have a Weevils meal.

The Crows has to fly a but far too but should fare better against the Blues.

The Suns and the Kangaroos...... well we know kangaroos often prefer to rest in the shade, but there will be no shade at Metricon..... Suns to prevail.

The Giants clashes with some puddy cats, a tight struggle, the Giants on their home territory should be able to turn those stray cats into house pets.

And the Port Power should be able to zap those Tigers and turn them into kittens.

Sunday..... the Bombers should be able to win this one against them Lions, especially being at home to them.

Uhhhh now the Hawks and the Magpies, and not going to make the same mistake again. Magpies might be three spots higher on the ladder but they both won the same number of matches. By day's end however, the Hawks will have one win more.

Last but not least, the Dockers might be at home to the Saints but I think I will probably go with a bit of divine guidance here as the Saints goes marching in........

Now for some comic relief.......

When ETs gets their data from social media.......

The life of a Virgo especially after picking the Magpies......

The perils of shared living arrangements....... why I choose to live alone ;)

Career predictors...... very accurate ;)

The perils of an errand to the Post Office.......

This often crosses my mind... hehe ;)

The benefits of having a pet dragon......

Oh such unreliable tradies..... hehehe..... ;) ;)

I can relate..... to the DOG that is ;) ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment