Sunday 2 July 2017

Cancun Planning and Virgo Anxiety

This past week has been another hectic week with planning for my Cancun trip. I now have the air tickets to Cancun in my hot little hands, or at least as e-tickets on my hot little devices!! That is how the airlines do things these days, instead of getting a physical ticket in the mail or via an agent, you now get an e-ticket virtually instantaneously delivered to your email address as soon as the payment has been received. The advantage is you get the confirmation immediately rather than having to wait for weeks for it, what anxious Virgos does not like to do!! However it means you need to make the full payment of the air ticket immediately. Back in 1998 when I went to America I could book my air tickets long before I needed to make any payments, you just need to pay for it prior to getting the ticket sent to you which is about a month before departure. I booked three months in advance and being a Virgo I was rather anxious about getting the ticket, worried it be lost in the mail, and being only a month prior to departure, if anything happens to the ticket there is not much time to do anything about it. Anxiety is hard wired into the DNA of Virgos. However now we get the e-ticket emailed to you almost immediately upon payment, this cut out all this anxiety. One needs to pay for the ticket immediately, however, you get the e-ticket immediately, and more still, you can get on the airline website and using the seating map of the aircraft you can pick and choose your seat from the seats still available. So I always choose a window seat cos I like to see what is going on outside, and if there are any UFOs around, I'd like to be there to see them!!!!

My flight details...... I depart from this isolated little city on October 1 at 10:55PM, arriving in Sydney some 4  hours later at 6:05AM local time, now October 2nd. After cooling me heels within the now familiar confines of Sydney Airport for 4 1/2 hours, I brace myself for the very long flight all the way to LA, arriving some 13 1/2 hours later at 6:05AM local time - same time as Sydney, indeed the SAME DAY!!!! Hows that for a dimensional shift!!! Like going through a worm hole and ending up in a parallel universe - or it's one of the quirks of flying across the International Date Line from west to east!!!! There I will spend nearly six hours in the also familiar confines of the famous LA International Airport (reminds me of a famous song from the 1960s!!!!) before embarking on the last leg, the flight back down to Cancun, arriving some 4 1/2 hours later at 6:25PM local time. This makes it a total of about 32 1/2 hours from first stepping onto a plane at Perth and getting off the plane at Cancun - or closer to 36 hours if you count getting to the airport from my abode for the 3 hours checkin time before departure!!! Yes you know you're in the most isolated city on Earth when you travel overseas!!!! Everything is so far away from here!!!!!

Now I have those e-tickets, do you think that's the end of my anxieties????? No way!!!!! Remember I am a VIRGO and anxiety is hard wired into the DNA of Virgos!!!! It's one thing to get to Cancun, it's quite another thing to figure out what's in Hell's name I am going to do once I get to Cancun!!! Yes sure it is my intention to visit the Mayan sites on the Yucatan peninsula. But HOW will this be accomplished in a foreign country - Mexico - where English is not the first language!!!??? I mean, my ET powers hasn't kicked in yet, it's not like I could simply teleport to those sites!!! And then the niggly reality of needing to find somewhere to stay, and needing to get transportation between the airport and the motel!!! Then the travel documents, the travel insurance (an absolute necessity for anxious Virgos!!!), currency exchange, food,..... and well there are plenty of reasons for anxious Virgos to be even more anxious!!!!!

So have been bugging my nephew at the travel agency, though not too much...... we Virgos are very mindful about being a pain in the arse to people, hence why we don't seek help even if we need it..... but in this instance, I needed to seek help, so I did it a little bit at a time so not to overwhelm him. OK he may be PAID to deal with anxious travellers, even Virgoan travellers, but it doesn't mean I am obligated to make him earn his full keep!!!!

Firstly the logistics of getting to those Mayan sites scattered all over the Yucatan area up to a couple of hundreds kms from Cancun. Evidently there are sites even within the Cancun area but there are others further away. So I thought first will see if there are any tours available, firstly the multi-day tours. My Virgoan logic being, the price of these tours includes everything, the transportation, lodgings, food, entrance fees to the sites, and etc. Less things for anxious Virgos to worry about!!!! Alas!!! According to my nephew there are none available that fits within my stay. I am in Cancun for 14 days not counting arrival and departure days but none of the tours fits within those days. So OK how about the day tours. Well there are the day tours but they seem rather structured and included things that I wasn't so interested in. I wanted a bit more flexibility. So my nephew concluded that I be better off waiting until I arrive in Cancun and ask the locals!!!! Eek!!!! Not what this anxious little Virgo wanted to hear!!!! I like to have everything planned BEFORE the event!!!! Uh well..... it's not the first time I was in this predicament!!!! It was the same when I went to Bali. I had no idea of the logistics of my plans once I get to Bali, I only knew my flights, the arranged transportation to the motel, and checking into my room. For anything else it was ask the locals, in this instance, the staff at the motel - and from there everything fell into place as it should, and I gotten to see all of the sites I wanted to see and then some!!!! So I suppose it be similar kind of thing at Cancun, wait until I get there and ask at the motel I am staying at!!!!!

Now that issue out the way and too unresolved for this Virgoan liking..... next thing the travel documents!!! Back to my nephew. My passport expires in April 2018 and they don't allow you to travel when your passport is less than six months from expiry, which means October - when I am due to go to Cancun!!!! So I ran this by my nephew, my passport expires on April 21, and the total duration of my trip is from October 1-19. So it turns out this falls just outside of the six months rule, so I will indeed be able to travel on my current passport. But I will need to renew it before I go on any more trips!!!! Then will I need a visa to get into Mexico?? The answer..... no!!!!! Awesome!! Us Aussies doesn't need a visa to get into Mexico, so that is one less thing for me to worry about!!!!!

And...... that is all I have resolved right now....... I haven't even booked my motel room yet!!!! Arrrgh!!!! I probably should do this as my next thing. But will probably go online to do that. My thought is my nephew is working for a dying breed. Travel agencies are becoming obsolete these days since we can now do everything online from the comfort of my abode. Back in 1998 when the internet was not so well developed, I did go to a travel agency to book my air tickets to America. Back in those days, you could get air tickets cheaper from a travel agency than direct from the airline, you often get discounts at travel agencies back then. It just meant having to physically visit a travel agency and get the tickets from them. These days however, you can get good deals on air ticket just by going online on any of a number of websites specifically designed to find the cheapest tickets, even via the smartphone or tablet. And even my nephew admitted that the travel agency can only give $1 discount on the cheapest air ticket found online. So I am beginning to think, why have travel agencies?? Well I suppose even in 2017 nor everyone has access to the internet. And travel agencies DO make all of the arrangements from air tickets to tours, insurance, lodgings, etc, but only on their terms as I discovered. For example, they offer tours but the tours are often rigidly scheduled and doesn't offer the flexibility that I very much prefer despite being a Virgo!!!! I maybe a Virgo but I do have adventurous Uranus in my star sign, Uranus is the adventurous planet that does things outside of the rigid schedules. So ironically it looks like I am going to end up doing most of the planning myself anyway, cos you can do everything online. I am a member of some websites that not only finds the cheapest air tickets but also the cheapest motels, my minimum requirement being a private room with a private bathroom, I don't do hostels or any other form of shared accommodation. I value my privacy. So must be a private room and bathroom, but everything else is up for negotiation.

Now with this in mind, here are my very accurate cards for this week........


My cards for this momentous new week. This week being the first week of Chiron's retrograde in my Ascendant sign, and in reference to my other lifetime as a Jew, the Babylonian siege of Jerusalem which led to the destruction of the first Temple four weeks later. However, in reference to another lifetime in the 3-star Siriun system, there is also the Sun Sirius conjunction marking events in Egypt this month coinciding with the flooding of the Nile River.

-III - The Empress - Creation - Applying knowledge to create and nurture growth. Too much control will smother it. Understanding the cycles of life and creation and working with them. Gifted with an acute and active mind, exploit it through study or creative activities.

-IX - The Hermit - Finding Truth - Separating from connections for a while to sort out personal truths and answers not influenced by the opinions of others. Regular retreats to stay in touch with the inner voice and connect with the higher realms. Time to reflect on true aspirations.

-8 - Be The Hunter Not The Hunted - Capable to see the truth, outsmarting old patterns, and responding more creatively. Don't be drawn into the drama of others or the suffering of repetitive struggles. Being open to the truth, shown a new way or a flash of insight from the universe. Perhaps an important message coming. Entering new phase of empowerment.

-30 - The Perfection Of Your Life - 2nd consecutive week of this card draw thus reinforcing the message, all things will work out for good. The goal will be achieved.

Summary - Hmmmmm an interesting draw against the background of this week's energetic events. The Empress card probably relates to the planning of my Cancun trip which continues this week, and the refinement of my Cancun savings plan, implementing new measures that will help me to save even more. However we Virgos often places too much control which can ultimately smother the progress. Needing to work more closely with the cycles of the cosmos and to just trust the universe. Make use of my creative abilities.

This leads to the next card, The Hermit, advising to take time out alone so to receive further insights from the universe. Not to be swayed by the opinions of others however well intentioned they are.

The Oracle builds on this message, to not be drawn into the repetitive struggles but to be open to new ways. July has always been a catastrophic month for me due to events leading to the destruction of the Jewish Temples. However July also marks the Siriun New Year in Egypt, the Sirius Sun conjunction this week leading to this event. The 2nd oracle, being drawn for the 2nd consecutive week, reinforces the message that what happens this month all will work out for good.
---------------------------------------------------------------

The other major project - clearing out my storage unit legacy of my bower bird wife!!!! Still a long way to go but I am making progress!!! The unit is noticeably less full!! Still working on the small items and bags of items that can fit into the trunk, I make the trip there each weekend to collect a trunk full of items, then sort through the items, deciding which to give away, which to recycle, and which to keep. Most of the items ends up being recycled as they are in various states of disrepair. I only offer items on the freecycle group if they're in working order and in at least reasonable condition. A lot of people on the group do offer broken items stating what is wrong with the item, I suppose there are people on the list that actually likes to fix up items. But me being of Virgoan energies I just don't like to offer broken items, they just go into the recycle bins. Any items I offer I like for them to be in at least reasonable condition.

Now for some comic relief as I deal with the catastrophe that is football...... that for another time......

This pretty well sums it up...... we Virgos knows there is no such thing as a free lunch.
If only I could use my sick leave I could take longer vacations and go on longer trips !!!!
Airport security..... as I plan for my Cancun trip !!!!

My Virgo dating experiences, I am not even a 2nd choice!!!!!

"Virgo" and "romance" are mutually exclusive terms !!!!!! In other words the two never mixes!!!!

The red car must be for Perth !!!!!

Post Office experiences....... ;)

And the Rhino is more successful in dating than Virgoan me........ !!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment