Sunday 18 June 2017

Peru Trip Planning Delays and The Solstice

Now I have the funds to enable me to book my air tickets to Peru and make at least a down payment for the tours. However due to my Virgoan tendency to be organised I have several different accounts each for a specific purpose, such as, one for air ticket and tours bookings, another for food and spending money, and another for unexpected emergencies that tends to occur while on a trip!!! Problem is due to the catastrophic month of May I don't have enough funds in the one specific account to enable me to book the air tickets and tours, so I need to transfer funds temporarily from some of my other accounts. All this is done electronically, however, the finance institutions still take their own sweet time to "clear" the funds. Considering it is electronic I fail to understand what needs to be "cleared"!! Afterall when one goes to a shop and attempt to make a purchase on a credit or debit card with not enough funds to cover the transaction, the machine almost immediately returns with that dreaded and most embarrassing message "insufficient funds"!!!! In other words, within a few seconds, even when overseas in another country, the machine knows whether one has "sufficient funds"!!!! So WHY in Hell's name does it take a financial institution something like THREE or MORE working days to "clear" funds that were transferred electronically.

I still in my very old age remember way back in the dim dark past where when one deposit a cheque into one's bank account it would take five working days to "clear" the cheque. This I can understand as this was prior to the era of the internet and electronic communications. Back in those days the banks would have to communication by more conventional means to confirm whether indeed there is enough funds in the cheque account to cover for the cheque deposited, then proceed to manually credit the deposit account with the funds presented on the cheque. And when credit cards were first introduced,  transactions at shops involving credit cards were done manually which necessitates one to sign for the credit transaction, then it would have to manually be presented to the bank, so it be several days before the merchant knows whether the credit transaction would be honoured. So yes back in those days any kind of bank transfers would take days for it to "clear" due to the manual processes involved. However these days there are no manual processes, you simply swipe a card or enter a number on a computer, and it knows almost immediately whether funds are available for the transaction to be honoured. So again WHY in Hell's name does it still take banks and other financial institutions several days to "clear" such funds!!!!????

So it will probably take all this week before all of my transferred funds would be deemed as "cleared" although the transfers would all be done within a combined total time of less than five minutes!!!! Therefore the earliest I could expect to be able to commence my bookings would be perhaps NEXT weekend.

Hence my very uncannily accurate cards for this week........


My cards for this new week with the Solstice happening, Yule here in the south.

-4 of Swords - Retreat - Being in limbo but making effective use of the time. Relaxing, rejuvenation, resting. Clearing the mind making space for new ideas. An event I have no control over compels me to take a rest. Time to reorganise ideas.

8 - Be The Hunter Not The Hunted - The need to take control of circumstances and to see the truth behind any manipulations others may place on me to control me. No need to be drawn into the drama of others. Stepping into new phase of empowerment. A new freedom emerges.

Summary - Very short and sweet this time, and to the point. The Tarot most likely referring to my efforts to transfer funds into the appropriate accounts before being able to book for my Peru trip. My savings plans involves several different accounts designed for specific purposes as per my Virgoan tendencies of being organised, however, due to the catastrophic month of May, I will need to temporarily transfer funds from some of these in order to meet the initial costs associated with the bookings. And despite all these transfers being electronic the financial institutions will all take their own sweet time in "clearing" the funds, hence this Tarot. These delays will force me to wait for probably all this week before I can move forward with the bookings.

The Oracle compels me to take control of current circumstances and not be swayed by the opinions of others. We Virgos being people pleasers tends to be swayed by the opinions of others. This message probably includes taking control and transmuting the energies of current planetary alignments which it seemed I enjoyed some success with at last night's ecstatic dance event.
---------------------------------------------------------------

The other major event this week is the Solstice, the shortest day of the year here in the Southern Hemisphere. This occurs on June 21, which is this Wednesday. Here it is known as Yule on the Pagan calendar. Of course we normally associate Yule with Xmas being in the Northern Hemisphere when Xmas falls during winter. As we all know Xmas is derived from the Pagan holiday of Yule, hence the term "Yuletide" as another name for Xmas. However here in the Southern Hemisphere, we Pagans celebrate our holidays at opposite times of the year due to the opposite seasons, like, we have winter in June rather than December. So our Winter Solstice is June 21, and we call it "Yule" here. There are a total of eight Pagan holidays each year, and I normally take days off work for these holidays. However due to my very limited leave allocations and the need to save these for my Peru trip, I will have to go to work this Wednesday.

Now the saga of the balconies in my apartment block. A while ago one of the balconies began to crumble with bits of concrete coming off and falling down onto the balconies below. The balconies are concrete and the balcony walls are made of bricks. So we were advised to not use the balconies until they were inspected. The issue is, just before I moved in back in December the balconies were all inspected and all deemed to be safe after some repairs done on a few of them. So whoever did the job of inspecting the balconies clearly did not do a good job!!!! Now they are being inspected again, not sure whether it is by the same people or not, I wasn't there last time. But this weekend the repair guys commenced their work, which they say will take up to three months. The task involves erecting a barrier around the apartment complex, then erecting scaffolding, then inspecting each and every balcony and making repairs where deemed necessary. It will be some time before they reach my balcony on the 4th level, but it looks like they erected barriers on MY side of the building. Since the incidence of the crumbling balcony took place on the other side of the building I would have thought they'd commence their work there. Well I will have to keep my eye on their progress cos I have been asked to remove my plants from my balcony, but don't want to do it until they get close to reaching my balcony, so probably have at least a month or so yet.

Nothing more of note to report on......... otherwise just another week..........

My activity tracker at work ;)

My evenings after work..... ;)

Another good reason why I don't use budget airlines on my trips !!!!!

My colleagues at work........

Unfortunately I can still remember those days !!!!!!

Sometimes you need all the protein you can get !! ;)

Here as I am about to book my air tickets to Peru........

When waiting on the government........





No comments:

Post a Comment