Sunday 16 August 2015

Them Little Weevils

Uhhh it would have been a perfect round for my tipping..... if not for those little Weevils getting into the system...... they just had to win didn't they, and I didn't pick them to win did I..... uh well.... at least I gotten 8 other correct picks..... I knew Sydney would win thus sealing the fate of the Maggies, one would have to be a supreme optimist to predict the Maggies would make it into the top 8 and even then with much reservations. My prediction at the start of the year very much on track, it ain't gonna be our year, no Maggies in Finals this year.

Now just into Week 5 of my 6 weeks wait before getting back on my bicycle, and just another week before my appointment with the Physio, this falls in the 6th week so will hopefully be given some steps into getting back onto my bike. This weekend I walked around Lake Monger which turned out to be a 3.5 km walk, the furthest I walked since my heart event. I felt fine afterwards but won't push myself any further until I see the Physio. All of my walks has been on flat ground with no hills. My daily walk of 1.2 kms from work to the train station involves walking downhill on a slight hill then up over a bridge to the train station.

Today I dug out my wife's scales and was surprised to find that I actually lost weight in spite of my reduced level of activity. To put into perspective, I was pushing 90 kgs at the time of my wife's death two years ago, then I started my walking regime and later my bicycle riding regime, doing 30 kms walks and 80 kms rides, and adopting a vegetarian diet. However I didn't keep track of my weight, I felt no need to. Then at the hospital they weighed me and I was indeed down to 78 kgs so it turned out I did lose quite a bit of weight. Since then my activity level has been much reduced, and it's been four weeks now, so just being curious I weighed myself and I'm down to 75 kgs, so lost 3 kgs in four weeks. But then I been eating much less and am extremely careful about dairy and sweets. I don't eat meat to begin with, and they all say meat is one of the biggest sources of cholesterol, but I hadn't eaten any meat for close to two years now. But I do like my cheese and icecrean, however, I been eating much less of it now. And I hardly have any chocolates or candy these days. And no soda (Coke) whatsoever since my hospital stay, just water and fruit juice. And what I do eat I have in smaller serves, and I eat only when hungry, its listen to my body, if not hungry then I don't eat regardless of what time of day it is.

Now really just waiting to see the Physio before I take any major steps towards regaining my former level of fitness. Just basically continue on with my current levels of walking until then.


Definitely can't be true ;)


Rudeness..... ;)


;) ;)


hehe......







No comments:

Post a Comment