Sunday 9 August 2015

Is There Hope Yet?

Oh the Maggies had a win, and well I did actually pick them to win, afterall, it was only Carlton, it was one of their best chances of having a win. They say mathematically the Maggies can still make it into the top 8 hence the finals. But let's look at reality. Even after the win the Maggies are still two games outside of the top 8, that is, they would have to win two games in four weeks, a 50% success rate, to have a chance of making it into the top 8, assuming that the three teams above them doesn't win any more games, those three teams being Geelong, Adelaide and the Giants - a highly unlikely scenario. It's hard to imagine that any of them would all lose the next four games.

Now lets see who the Maggies will play in the next four weeks to gauge the likelihood of scoring any more wins given they need at the very least two more wins to make it into the top 8. Next week they play Sydney IN Sydney who are currently in 5th spot. I don't think they're going to beat Sydney. Then its Richmond, also a top 8 team, currently 7th spot and playing reasonably well though they did get beaten by Adelaide but probably cos it was an Adelaide home match, so maybe the Maggies could jag a win if a whole load of things goes their way, it be more likely I'd win lotto. Probability theory dictates that the Maggies won't win that one. So two more losses ahead. The 3rd week, it is Geelong, and well they're just in the 8, indeed in 8th spot. Though technically a "home" game to Geelong the match will be played at the MCG. So a fair chance the Maggies COULD manage a win there but I wouldn't bet my life savings on it, indeed I wouldn't bet ANY savings on it!!! The Maggies would have to play really well to win that one. Last but not least, uhhh the Bombers! OK the Maggies I must say SHOULD win that one. It's the only match in the next four weeks where the Maggies play a team that is lower down on the ladder, and it's the last match of the season, but by then the fate of the Maggies would most likely to have been sealed, they are destined for a September vacation regardless of any wins against the hapless Bombers.

The Maggies will lose at least the next two games but could conceivably win the last two games of the season but it will be too late. Just as I predicted earlier, 2015 is not going to be their year.

I did manage to score 8 correct picks this time! It was Sydney who let me down there.

As for me, well I am slowly but surely getting better and stronger. The bleeding seems to be under control at this point, no more uncontrolled bleeding since last week. I still get a bit dizzy if I get up too quickly from a sitting position. I now do have an appointment at the Cardiac Physiotherapy clinic at the hospital, this being on August 25, a little over two weeks from now. They'll be testing my fitness via a "walking test" on the treadmill, and hopefully get a better idea of when I can get back on my bicycle. I am now just into my 4th week of my bicycle ban, so three weeks to go before I can even touch my bicycle. My Physio appointment falls in the last week of the bicycle ban. During the appointment they will probably work out a more specific fitness plan for me. At this point I am on a daily walk of between 20 and 30 minutes, up to 2 kms. I would love to know when I can get back up to my 30 kms walks and my 80 kms bicycle rides!! I DO miss those times when I can just get up on the weekend and go on those long treks. Uh well just be thankful that I am recovering and getting a little better each day.....

Now for these next two weeks before seeing the Physio......

Though I must watch what I eat these days I still love my cookies, especially chocolate chip ones......


If Moses crossed the Red Sea today.......
Snake charmer ;)



What I ask.... ;)










No comments:

Post a Comment