Friday 11 January 2019

Now In Rock Hill

In a few hours from now, unless something last minute happens, this will be D-Day for 12 years of online friendship, when my lady friend is due to come by to visit me this afternoon..... how things will pan out afterwards, it remains to be seen......

Meanwhile...... Yesterday I checked out of my Charlotte lodgings and began to wander my way down to Rock Hill, exploring places along the way, using my GPS app which comes in very handy with all these winding roads, twists and turns - I would have gotten lost without it.

First I explored further along the shores of Lake Wylie, where my lodging was located. It's a huge artificial lake, many miles long. The Dragon Line traverses this lake.

My first stop of note was Fort Mill Dam, the dam responsible for creating this huge lake. There scoping out the energies of the place, and having a bit of a lunch break.



Next was downtown Rock Hill, a fairly large settlement, probably the size of one of the larger towns in Australia such a Bunbury. In America it be probably a mid-size town. There I visited Fountain Park in the middle of downtown. There quite a huge water fountain complex that changes over a cycle of probably a couple of minutes, quite fascinating to watch.



Rock Hill is so called because there was a large rock hill in the town. For some reason the hill has since been levelled and a main street of town runs through what was once the hill. The Dragon Line runs through the hill which was a vortex. I will have to wait for my meetup where she can show me the exact location of the hill.

Last but not least.... Ebenezer Park back on the shores of Lake Wylie on a piece of land jutting out into the lake. This is where the Dragon Line enters the lake. Just across the lake and over a ridge is the nuclear power station, you can see the huge bellows of steam from the cooling vents. Let's hope it doesn't decided to blow up while I was there!!!



By the time I finished scoping out Ebenezer park, it was time to check into my motel. Quite an impressive motel this is, my temporary abode located on the 4th level which is the top level. My room is very roomy, though might become less roomy if my meetup decides to stay with me. There is actually a full size fridge and freezer, not those tiny bar fridges typical of lower priced lodgings. This one is at the higher end, but through my agency I gotten a good discount on it, hence why I am here.

So after I checked in, I went to a nearby mall for supplies, a huge mall complex comparable to the size of a large mall in Perth though the town is not that big. There I went to Walmart and bought up on supplies for my meals here. It amazes me how cheap everything is in America. I had nearly a trolley load which would have easily exceeded $200 in Perth, here at Walmart the total came to just $73 which even accounting for the exchange rate still works out cheaper than in Perth. You don't realise how expensive Perth is until you travel overseas.

And it is bloody cold here...... the temp last night dropped to 4 degrees Celscius BELOW freezing!!!! And the so-called "high" today is set to be only 7 degrees C. Many winter nights in Perth are warmer than that!!! But so far it has been bright and sunny. I hear it may rain on the weekend, I am surprised it is not snowing..... but the forecast is rain, not snow.



So now awaiting my meetup.......


No comments:

Post a Comment