Sunday 6 December 2015

All seems like a dream......

Here I am on this first night of Chanukah, the Jewish festival of lights, in commemoration of the rededication of the Temple. The holiday commemorates the miracle of the oil, the one day supply of oil kept the lights burning for eight days while they were preparing a new batch of oil - a process that takes eight days.

My own miracle...... it all seems like a dream..... I pinch myself constantly, is this real or a dream??? My upcoming trip to New Zealand. It happened all so quickly!! It was just this time last week that Chrissy invited me over, and this very cautious careful Virgo who thinks through all things and does not make rash decisions took only five minutes to give the affirmative reply, and the only reason why it took as long as five minutes is cos it was how long it took for me to check air ticket prices and figure if it was within my limited means!!!!!

So much has happened over the week already. The first three days an excruciating wait until my yearly holiday bonus pay was deposited into my bank account, and within two hours, at 2am Thursday, I went online to book my flights. That in itself was a momentous occasion. Now the flights were booked and paid for, and the confirmation came a few hours later, early in the morning. It was such a relief and burst of high energy!!!! I really am now on my way to New Zealand, only my 2nd ever overseas trip.

And now the preparations given that I depart in less than three weeks away, on December 24. Today I drove down to my storage unit to retrieve my suitcase which was last used back in 1998 - my last overseas trip!!!! Apart from a bit of dust and a bit of a clean, the suitcase is all good and about ready to start packing, probably in about a week or so. I start packing about two weeks before departure so to make sure I have everything. If I forget something it's not like I could just turn around and go back home to grab it!!!! Once I am on my way to the airport that is it - tough noodles if I forgotten anything!!!!

Then other things...... my passport is still current, and one doesn't need a visa if an Aussie travelling to New Zealand. Then there's other things. My heart meds. I went to visit my GP and she did a note for me for my meds so that I could take them on board the plane with me. I am on five different meds.

And the travel insurance which I am definitely taking given my chronic heart condition. Well in case I need medical attention in New Zealand, its not covered by Medicare! LOL! Plus it is just good to have this cover if other things happens such as lost luggage or some other mishap. Travel insurance is a very good idea for anxious Virgos who likes to be prepared for all things, and it is not expensive, it is really most reasonably priced.

And then other things like getting to and from the airport. This fiercely independent Virgo have booked a spot in secure long term parking, its cheaper when booking online, so allowing from a few hours before departure to a few hours after I arrive back. This means I could drive myself to the airport, park my car in a secure spot, and be the master of my own destiny!!

Other things to figure out, such as phone roaming so I could still use my phone in NZ at least to update my FB status ;)

The only other thing of note..... Katie and the fledgling UFO\ET group in Perth. Katie is destined to be friend only cos I think Chrissy might be the one for me..... not going to pre-empt anything. I am a Virgo and we Virgos are no good at relationships. But Chrissy and I chat each night, we msg each other each day, and the are synchronicities and certain things happenings...... I wasn't actually looking for such a relationship, but as we all know, things happens anyway, even for Virgos!!!!!

Anyway..... the UFO\ET group...... the camp-out was cancelled due to our extremely unusual weather conditions, I think they call it "rain"!!!! So the group of us had dinner at a restaurant last night. I think I been to more restaurants in the past four weeks than I have been the previous year!!!!! Seem to be going out a lot now, something utterly unheard of in this city!!!! So the next camp-out is scheduled for the first weekend in January. Of course I will be in New Zealand then.

So I guess that is it for another time....... as I am still getting my head around at how dramatically my life has changed in just the last four weeks with the UFO\ET group, then infinitely more with the New Zealand trip, my 2nd ever overseas trip in my life!!!!!!!!!!

Some more random cartoons.....

After govt budget cutbacks....


Meanwhile at a restaurant in Perth......


Not a good time to come......


I have had days like this........





No comments:

Post a Comment