Thursday 8 May 2014

Oh the rain!!

It has been a rainy couple of days..... well rainy by our standards anyway!! Indeed for the first time I actually walked in the rain..... without the umbrella.... it is not cold, still rather warm, but was raining, not heavy rain, but rain nonetheless.... and I sleep better when it is raining at night....

Now let's get out the way the disaster area that is the football.... managed 6 points, everyone from 7 to 9 points.... so now down to position 44, just 4 from the bottom..... and the curse of the close matches continues on..... there has been two close matches, that is decided by 6 points or less, I managed to win one but missed the other one, so total tally so far this season on close matches - 2 wins and 4 misses, so only a 33% success rate, below the normal expected deviation from 50/50, so proof that the curse is real..... anyway enough of football before it depresses me too much.....

Now less depressive topics...... Caroline.... um yes she is in everything with me.... we share so much..... synchronicities..... it turned out she got married during July 1998, right in the midst of my America trip, but also during the dreaded "The Three Weeks" when calamities befalls the Jews.... well she is very obviously not Jewish..... well maybe not so obvious.... there are black Jews around, and there is a legend that some had traveled to India just after the time of Jesus and wrote one of the "gospels", one of many that didn't make it into the canon of Scriptures at the Nicene Council which is the basis of the modern Bible.... but anyway..... if nothing else this proves her connection with me.....

So what else.... uh yes last weekend..... remember that ritual I shared about last week..... for the Venus Goddess so to grant me my most cherished dream..... no prize for guessing that that would be..... well I did it last Saturday.... I woke up early but instead of going for a walk, I started the ritual.... with the bread roll, 5c coin, piece of paper with my wish, and a candle.... and as the candle burned I did things that made me feel good.... ate one of my Easter candy... I even went to Hungry Jacks and got breakfast which is something I just don't usually do these days.... and other things.....

Then I drove down to the Dwellingup area, about a 90 minutes drive, to find that fresh water stream to release the bun. I remember the area from those years of going camping with Every Boy's Rally back in my childhood years, and so I had it all planned from Googlemaps, and I remembered all those camping spots, so would go to one of them for the ritual.

Alas!!! When I got there, I discovered that they turned it into a national park where you needed to pay to get in! Well that was fair enough, I had money with me..... but one niggly detail.... for some reason it was CLOSED for the day, the gate was down, could not get in!!!! Arrrrrgh!!!!!! Back in my camping days there was no controls, we could just wander on down and set up camp pretty well where ever took our fancy, no fees, no gates, nothing..... just occasionally the ranger pays us a visit to make sure we clean up after we camped, but aside from that, no real controls..... Oh how time's had changed!!! Damned Government!!!!

Hmmmm..... where can I go now...... for a while things looked really grim.... it looked like I would not be able to get to the river therefore could not complete the ritual..... But fortunately I remembered about other spots where we camped around the area..... So I headed back into town, studied a map in the Information Bay near the highway, and figured out another spot I could go to by the river..... and hoping it was still free access or at least OPEN access......

Well much to my utter delight, not only this particular spot was still open and accessible, it was also FREE..... and it turned out I was the only soul there.... and there I released the bun into the stream.... then it got stuck against some debris..... so I had to go down a bit to clear the debris..... releasing the bun, which promptly broke into three pieces due to it now being soaked and soggy..... two of it made it to the pool below the rapids where it slowly drifted on down.... but the other piece got caught in an eddy, so I needed to throw pebbles at it until that finally drifted off into the pool..... and so when all three pieces were finally drifting downstream, I declared my mission accomplished...... Now remains to be seen if anything happens over the next few months......

Now Mother's Day this Sunday..... looking forward to the day.... NOT!!!! Well I have just been told that the house group meeting via the church has now been shifted to the 4th Sunday of this month, so nothing on for me this Sunday - unless I happen to get a family invite which hasn't happened at this stage. So I cope alone and go for long walk....

So for vids with Mother's themes..... I won't play any of the usual songs that are played in tribute to Mothers, it just makes me more depressed..... so here's one by ABBA.... somewhat of a lighter theme.... and it is not Mamma Mia !!





No comments:

Post a Comment