Wednesday 4 December 2013

Survived

Well I survived the office lunch at Miss Maude's though not unscathed, I have the scars to prove it. The hotel across the road where Mother used to work is now called the Pensione Hotel. Anyway this time they had our table in the back room away from any windows so I didn't have to look across the road to the hotel. And well I ate a wee bit too much, what happens at a restaurant with the "all-you-can-eat" self serve format!! Well wasn't 100% self serve. The meat part, a choice between ham, beef and turkey, or for some, all three of them, were sliced off the bone and served to us when we reached that part of the queue. I chose just the turkey, it was very nice  and juicy. So I ate a total of three courses, two more than I usually eat. But I prepared for my predicted self gorging by abstaining from my usual morning tea and etc, I ate only crumpets with vegemite for brekkie. The desserts on offer all had too much cream, that would have gone straight through me due to my dairy allergies. The only items I could remotely eat were some custard tarts and chocolate mousse, it still went straight through me, but it tasted better!! I didn't go for any walk, I was too full and my tummy too upset, and so I didn't have any dinner, and am still not hungry but at least it seems my tummy is now settled. And so that was our office lunch at Miss Maude's for another year.....

Since starting my walking regime, some people at work commented that I am looking a lot better, lost weight, and looking brighter. One even said that I look way younger than my 50 years. But none knows the torment in my very soul. I go for my walks not to keep fit but to reconnect with Mother. And being out in nature, especially near water, helps to release the negative vibes that I pick up at work, the stresses, etc.

The finance company whom I had a loan with to cover Sally's medical expenses and have been faithfully repaying ever since.... well they offered me a two year extension which would give me an extra $1000 with the repayments being the same. I hardly notice the repayments, it is a relatively low amount, being less than 4% of my take home pay, and is done by direct debit. Technically it wasn't an offer of credit cos I think these days they're not supposed to offer credit unless we actually ask for it. I still needed to go through the approval process, but it was some kind of promotion they were doing, and well given I be needing extra moolah for moving out, I did take up on it, and had gotten approval - so now an extra $1000 towards moving expenses. I still don't have enough money for it yet but am a hell of a lot closer to it than I was before.

This week I also get my Xmas bonus from work, so will use that for some much needed work on my car - the radiator flush for the summer, and the transmission servicing. I be looking to have the car booked in next week.

And in what seems rather ironic, soon after we gotten back from our lunch today, I gotten a txt from Debra informing me that this year's Xmas lunch will be at Justin's and Mandy's new house. My feelings are rather mixed. At least it will no longer be at Mother's old house.

Anyway.... this vid is dedicated to my boss at work.... hehe.... haha......




No comments:

Post a Comment