Sunday 17 January 2016

Convergence

During my New Zealand trip I have done many things I never done before in my life!! Not all I will divulge, but many of them were at this Convergence festival, the hippies festival I attended. Them Kiwis sure know how to have a good time, they leave us conservative Aussies for dead. New Zealand is a far more progressive country. They already legalised gay marriages and prostitution, and are working on legalising weed. Here in Australia we're still fighting over gay marriages, and well don't even think about the other two!!!!

The Convergence festival was very eye opening in many ways. And when something outrageous happens at Convergence, the catch cry is "This is Convergence". For example, when we see someone walking naked through the camp site, or skinny dipping in the river, we simply say "This is Convergence". The "dress optional" clause was very much in evidence, and indeed I also participated - during the warm sunny days!!!! The locals did it even when it was cold and raining!!!! But a frozen Aussie like me, spoiled to the hot sunny days and balmy nights of Perth, was only willing to shed his clothes during the warmer sunny days!!!! But it was a sight to behold during the meal times, when we all sat in groups on the grass, dotted among the more conventionally dressed souls, the groups of nudist sitting totally naked eating, and none of us (except conservative Aussies! LOL!) giving it a second thought!!

A unique Convergence even is the sauna, built into the side of a hill by the river, built from an old boiler container, powered by a pot belly stove. Many of us, including ME, would late at night after all the events visit the sauna where those of us of both genders would sit totally naked together, then at different times go skinny dipping in the river, before going back into the sauna. When I first went in there, I swore black and blue that I would NEVER go into the river, it was far too cold, indeed very icy coming straight from the mountains. So while I was perfectly willing to go into the sauna naked, I drew the line at skinny dipping due to the frigid arctic-like conditions. Even when it was warm during the day, the temperature at night drops like a rock to near freezing point. It doesn't stay balmy like in Perth!! However after a session in the sauna, they did manage to talk me into the skinny dipping, totally naked late at night, and it was surprisingly balmy in the water!! Of course I should know, when the body heats up in the sauna and we are sweating like pigs, the dip in the river is most refreshing and not very cold at all!!!! Then we go for another session in the sauna, followed by another skinny dip, and so one...... a very unique Convergence activity!!!!

Another unique Convergence event which most definitely falls under the "This is Convergence" phrase is the "Yum Yum Session", basically a massage session where we pamper each other. One must register for this event, so daring me with the Uranus Pluto conjunct in my natal chart decided I would sign up for this. Then we are put into groups of five around each massage table, with an even mix of male and females, usually three males and two females, but can be three females. We typically are totally naked though that is not compulsory. We are not forced to do anything, it is what we are most comfortable with. But me and my whole table were totally naked, and the massage is performed totally naked with no sheets covering. We take turns on the table ten minutes at a time. We first set our boundaries, the women typically stated that the pubic region is off limits but enjoyed having their breasts massaged, the guys typically stated NO boundaries, do me ANYWHERE, which is what I said!! And then we enjoy the best massage of our lives, the other four of us pampering us like nothing on Earth. It was a very tantric experience, this was actually a spiritual experience, which is what Convergence is all about.

But aside from the spiritual workshops we also had a lot of fun, such as, the Mocktail Ball, where "mocktails" were served - basically cocktails without the alcohol, since no drugs or alcohol were allowed at the festival. And as part of the Mocktail Ball, we all dress up (or dress DOWN!! LOL!!) and each wearing a "tail". Yes I had my black tail!!! And we just dance all night long, I do love dancing......

This was a very free-loving festival with hugs being given and received freely, and when we say hugs, I am not talking about the usual A-frame affair that lasts for only a few seconds. Instead we give the "Convergence hug", that is, tight full-body hugs that lasts for several minutes. Indeed I was given hugs for up to ten minutes at a time, I think them Kiwi ladies are fond of Aussies! ;) LOL!!!

Another feature of Convergence is we always gather in circles, never in the traditional lecture-audience format where a person at the front lectures in front of an audience. The idea of Convergence is there are no leaders, we all help to run the event, and we all contribute, and all given equal opportunities to speak up at these circle gatherings. This includes the meals gatherings prior to each meal, we gather in a big circle around the meal tables before we get our meals. We bring our own plates and utensils, and are responsible for washing them after the meals.

I must say the Convergence festival has inspired me, and for the first time in a long time, I am actually looking forward to 2016, though my cards does foretell challenging times ahead in 2016. It is already turning out to be a most interesting year, and we're still in the first month!!!

My intention is to return to the 2016/17 Convergence festival........

On a more serious note, yesterday on January 16 was the anniversary of Mother's death. It was now five years ago, and I remember that fateful day like it was yesterday. Happening soon after Chiron the "wounded healer" entered my Ascendant sign, Mother's death marked the start of the years of Hell, culminating in the death of my wife two years later on my Chiron return - when Chiron reached the same spot in the Zodiac as where it was in my natal (birth) chart. And Chiron is still in my Ascendant sign even in 2016, so more challenges ahead, though things are getting better in a lot of ways....... Indeed my astrological chart for 2016 is very interesting indeed, I won't go into it now......


Me dressed for the Mocktail Ball.....


 
My Tail.......


Wearing My Tail......


My Souvenir ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment