Tuesday 11 November 2014

Car problems.....

I recently started to notice a loss of water in the cooling system of my car. It wasn't a lot and hardly notice it unless travelling down the Freeway or out in the country, nevertheless, it was a concern. So I decided to book my car in for a long overdue service, and indeed today was the day I had the car serviced.

I gotten the shock of my life!! The reason for the leakage in my car's cooling system is a cracked head gasket!!!! I have no idea how that could have happened, but in hindsight I did notice that problems with the cooling system did start to crop up during September, which is a very bad karmic month for me, September is the worst of the karmic months cos it was the month I came onto this very dense 3D planet.

Now to put it simply, cracked heads means $$$$$$$$...... indeed the estimated cost of repairs is comparable to the value of this 10yo car. So will have to decide whether to go ahead with the repairs or cut my losses and trade in for another car.

Meanwhile I will have to drastically cut the use of my car, which means, getting my bicycle serviced, and using home delivery options for groceries, etc - basically what I used to do before my wife got sick. I rode my bicycle to work each day to save on this extremely expensive substance called gasoline, it is extremely expensive in Australia. It was only when my wife got sick that I had to abandon my bicycle cos of greater demands in being carer for wife. But I suppose since she is now in the higher dimensions, its about time to adopt these measures again.

So first priority is to fish my bicycle out from storage, the storage unit that I am renting and currently containing 90% of my wife's worldly possessions as well as a few of my surplus possessions including a 4x6 caged trailer, then to get it serviced as the bicycle had not been used at all for close to 5 years. This will be done in the next week or so.

It is the case of the less I use the car, the less would be the deterioration of the gasket. At this time the water loss is minimal and evident only when I travel on Freeway or out in the country. But the damage will only increase the more I use it. Hence the need to cut down on car usage by at least 90% which is achievable.

This will buy me time to make decisions on which course of action to take on the car, and to save my pennies........

Uhhhh if only my car could achieve such a transformation......


No comments:

Post a Comment