Sunday 17 September 2017

Weevil Reality Check

Oh I love it when Weevils are given a good dose of a reality check. A ten goal thrashing, you can't get any more of a reality check than that!!! LOVE IT!!! Probably even better than the Maggies winning a premiership, well that doesn't happen very often so probably forgotten what it felt like for the Maggies to win a premiership!! But the Weevils getting thrashed by 10 goals really made my day!!!! Especially having to listen to everyone here so crowing about the Weevils after their lucky fluke win last week!! Yeah you can only pay the umpires so much, you just can't pay them forever!!! But everyone here, especially in the biased media, were saying how the Weevils could win the premiership and be Giant's killers - pardon the pun!!! They were saying the bookies were worried they could lose a lot of money cos so many deluded Weevils supporters here were putting money on them winning the premiership!!!! All I could say is..... Nah, don't worry bookies, believe me, you have nothing to worry about!!!!!! The Weevils didn't even deserve to be in the Finals, they should get rid of the Top 8 thingy, this past week proved that 8th level teams just doesn't have what it takes to win Finals!!! It's more like a phrase from a well known fairy tale, paraphrased - "Fee Fi Fo Fum!!!! I smell the blood of a Weevil"!!!!!

Here with extreme trepidation I stare mortality in the face as I reach the point when the Sun reaches 26 degrees of Virgo, the time I came onto this planet. Those first cries I would have let out when I entered into the cold hard dense reality of this planet could be interpreted as "What in Hell's name was I bloody well thinking!!!!!", here having just come from the 8D paradise of Taygeta. And now this planet has gone around the Sun so many times since then that it makes me dizzy, being faced with the uncomfortable reality that I have less time to spend on this planet than I have already spent!!!! True enough it be great to go back to Taygeta, but what if someone stops me and saying "Uh huh!! You haven't done enough work on planet Earth, you need to go back!!!!!!"...... so having to spend another lifetime here, a fate worse than Hell !!!!!! Regardless of one's faith or strength of one's belief's, there is always a certain nagging doubt and fear of the unknown. Afterall, no one has experienced death and lived to tell the tale!!!! This is why devout Christians who says they are 100% certain they're going to Heaven still invests in every effort to remain alive when staring death in the face, such as, a terminal illness. We all have this survival instinct, this deep seated aversion to death, to want to avoid it at all costs. Religion exists in an attempt to explain death but with so many different religions about, they can't all be right? What gives us the right to say the Christians are right, or the Jews are right, or Islam, or Hindus, Buddhists, while they all claim all the others are wrong?? What seems doubtless is that a part of us do live on after our existence on this planet ceases, and reincarnation seems best fitting to anecdotal evidence, and many of us are destined for the stars...... but beyond that..... well..... none of us are ever 100% ready to face our 3D mortality on this planet..... and this week I move one more year closer to facing this question of mortality..... I never did care for much about birthdays..... but I suppose if I was born on planet Mars I'd be about half my age, cos the planet takes about twice as long as Earth to go around the Sun, so twice the time for the Sun to reach 26 degrees Virgo!!!!!!!

Meanwhile...... now just two weeks away, indeed this time in exactly two weeks from now I be at the Airport waiting to board the overnight flight to Sydney, the first leg of my very long long journey to Cancun to solve the mysteries of those Mayan pyramids, or at least take in the energies of those pyramids!!

This week I am at work for just the first three days. I am off work for Thursday and Friday. Thursday is Rosh HaShanah the Jewish New Year, and it is also Ostara the Spring Equinox. Two holidays for the price of one!! Then the following Monday is a public holiday at least in Western Australia anyway. Not sure if the rest of Australia has a public holiday on Monday, but it is in Western Australia. So in total a 5-day weekend. Then just four more days at work the following week. Saturday week on the 30th is Yom Kippur, then Sunday night of October 1st is when I yet again leave the isolated shores of Perth to another world destination.......

Prep for my Cancun trip is still ongoing even at this late stage. I still have no idea exactly what I am going to do once I get there, only that I be visiting those Mayan pyramids. The actual logistics for getting to those sites are yet to be determined. All I have at this time are my flight tickets and my motel bookings. Bit like when I went to Bali, I had no idea what I was going to do once I got to Bali, but it all fell into place once I got there. And so it will be so when I get to Cancun.

One thing for certain was I needed a new backpack for my Cancun trip. My backpack from previous trips, the one I use for transporting my items to and from work each day, is very much worse for wear. So a new backpack was in order. Meanwhile I came across the "thief proof" backpacks that prevents pick pockets or other thieves, an ever present hazard for intrepid travellers like me visiting all these exotic countries. So me being of Virgoan tendencies decided to check these out, afterall, we Virgos like to mitigate against all circumstances. And everyone is saying Mexico is crawling with crims!! Well can't be any worse than Perth!!!! But anyway...... these backpacks are made of materials that prevents it being cut by knives, the zippers being secured, and with special secure compartments for phones, tablets, etc. Of course they are expensive, but my Virgoan nature dictated that this is worth the expense. So I ordered one, and now just waiting for it to arrive, which it should arrive this week.... hopefully..... via those carrier pigeons from the east coast !!!!

Next thing is getting to the Airport on Sunday week. Normally I book long term parking, so I just drive in, park my car in secure long term parking, then catch my flight. Me being a fiercely independent Virgo!!! We Virgos are fiercely independent creatures!!!! However my car battery is slowly but surely dying. It has reached the stage where when I turn on the windscreen wipers it doesn't kick in immediately, it takes about half a minute before they start working, as if there is not enough power getting to them. That is another classic sign of a slowly dying battery. I think the only reason why I can still use my car is because I use it often with never more than two days inbetween use of the car, which effectively keeps the battery sufficiently charged up so it lives for another day.

However when I am in Cancun my car will be idle for nearly three weeks. This is likely to seal the fate of my battery. And I hate to be returning from a long flight back home only to find my car battery as dead as a doornail at an Airport parking lot. So I am faced with the uncomfortable Virgo truth - I have to depend on someone else to take me to and from the Airport.

Enter Uber!!! We all hear so much about Uber, the alternative to taxis. I never liked the idea of catching a taxi, and me with the adventurous Uranus located in Virgo in my chart, I was always attracted to alternatives. Of course being a Virgo I check out every information I could about Uber, about how it works, going through their website with a fine tooth comb. Then after that I decided I would give them a try. So I downloaded the Uber app onto my tablet and set up my account. So when you need a ride, you just use the app to enter the details, then the system automatically send a Uber car to come pick you up, and the fare is automatically deducted from either your credit/debit card or bank account, so no need to carry money around. So basically the Uber come to pick you up and they already know your destination cos you entered it on the app, so they simply deliver you there, and you just say thanks and goodbye!! So much easier it seems than catching a taxi.

But of course being a Virgo I have to test them out first BEFORE needing to go to the Airport. So this is just what I am going to do sometimes this week, probably on my days off work. I will do a test run with a Uber, that is, use Uber to run one of my errands, probably to go to the Post Office to pick up my mail. This will give me the chance to get a feel for Uber and how it really works, and more importantly, to see just how quickly they come once you sent the request through the app. You don't book in advance for a Uber, they say they come within a few minutes when you send the request on the app. So I will see if this is really so, and just how I feel about using Uber. We Virgos are such cautious creatures, we like to test things beforehand.

And so when I come back from Cancun and find my car battery as dead as a doornail, at least it will be at home in my apartment complex, and of course being a gated complex my car will be secure there anyway. So I can take my own sweet time to get over the jet lag before calling for the RAC and arrange to have the battery replaced which the RAC does on site as part of the perks of my membership!!

OK enough of my ramblings for a little while yet....... here as I face a very intense and busy week this week.........






No comments:

Post a Comment