Sunday 29 October 2017

Here's to my Laptop

So I did what I said I would do when I get back from Mexico..... first of the bat is getting a new hard disk for my laptop. Indeed I ordered the hard disk virtually as soon as I arrived back, and the carrier pigeons brought me the hard disk last Friday. Then I needed a new Windows system since I lost my old Windows system on the crashed hard disk and the laptop didn't come with a Windows DVD. So $100 for a new hard disk turned into $300 after spending $200 on Windows 10 which these days comes on USB sticks that is bootable, meaning, one can insert the USB stick prior to switching on the laptop, and the system boots to the USB stick which then proceeds to install Windows onto my empty unformatted hard disk.

Of course it wasn't without its drama. After I picked up the hard disk from the carrier pigeons landing station aka Post Office, I went to get Windows from the only store that is open after 6pm only to find they no longer sell the "Home Edition" of Windows, only the more expensive "Professional Edition" which I don't need. To say I was pissed off was an understatement, especially with my Scorpio Mars being activated by the Sun. Oh yes my chart shows Mars in Scorpio which is why I am often impatient, easily frustrated, and easily annoyed at times, and why as I witch I often send hexes to people who annoys me!!!!! There were other shops that did sell the Home Edition on USB sticks but in this sleepy little city they were all closed after 6pm.

My Scorpio Mars.......


However the enforced delay was short lived. Early the next morning I ordered the Windows USB stick from one of the other shops with the "pickup from store" option, meaning, within a couple of hours of ordering if during opening hours, it be available to be picked up. This eliminate the issue of going all the way to the store only to find it is not available, out of stock, or some shit like that!!!

Well I put the order in online prior to the store opening, and virtually as soon as the store opened I gotten the email that my order was ready to be collected. So I spent the rest of the day installing Windows and getting my laptop set up again, having to start from scratch.

So now having to start from scratch in building up my cartoons collections and my other collections of graphics and other things. I've lost everything with the crashed hard disk, so having to start all over again.



Next is a new fridge...... though that is on hold temporarily. My spirit guides informs me that I must go back to the Yucatan so to visit the remaining Mayan sites that I didn't have time to visit this time, so to complete my energy works there. So my next trip will be back to Mexico, and am looking to go back there within the first few months of 2018 before the northern summer when it will be too hot.

Therefore need to book my air tickets as soon as possible. The earlier you book air tickets the cheaper they are. Thanks to Cancun being NOT Perth I actually came back with money left over and no maxed out credit cards. So am about 80% to 90% of funds required for the air tickets, so I should have the funds within the month.

Just WHEN I be able to book my air tickets hinges on when my wage rise will kick in. We voted through my union to accept the latest pay deal, so after it is ratified, we will receive the wage rise backdated to about June which will prove to be quite a tidy sum. I should be able to raise the funds for the air tickets within the month without the wage rise, but the wage rise if it comes through sooner than a month will allow me to book the air tickets sooner.

Next after the air tickets will be the lodgings, the hotel accommodation. As with the air tickets, the sooner one books hotel rooms the cheaper they are. Hotels in Mexico are relatively cheap compared to Perth, but then just about anything is relatively cheap compared to Perth. I probably won't stay as long this time, perhaps 11 days. So if I can book early enough I may be able to upgrade my hotel accommodation for still a reasonable price.



Once I get the air tickets and hotel bookings out the way, then I can get a fridge. Aside from the wage rise, I also get my yearly bonus in December. The yearly bonus should be enough to pay for a fridge. So if all goes to plan, I should have a fridge by Xmas.

The other issue is my lease expires in December. It's likely the landlord will offer to extend the lease, that should be a formality unless he wants to sell. I don't think he will want to sell given current conditions in Perth, but you never know. It's a buyers/renters market here, so should I have to find a new abode, I shouldn't have any trouble finding one. But I hope I won't need to find a new abode, I am very happy where I am now, and if the landlord offers me the extension I will immediately take it!!! But should I have to move, this will delay my fridge a little longer, cos I will have to raise the money for the bond and advance rent. Of course I SHOULD get my bond back from my current abode, I don't anticipate any problems there unlike the catastrophe of last year!!!!! But of course there is the normal delay period between vacating the property and getting my bond back, so will have to raise fund for bond for the new abode BEFORE this happens. As I say, I expect to have the offer to extend my lease, but you know being a Virgo I like to plan for all possible scenarios including the unlikely scenario of NOT having the lease extended for wanting to sell the apartment.

So my life is pretty well getting back to "normal"..... well at least relatively normal given that there is nothing much about my life that is really normal, it is very much a relative term..... so lets put it this way, things that are slightly more normal than it has been...... if that makes sense.......

Here's a couple of comics as I slowly but surely build up my collection.......

The trials and tribulations of a Virgo.......

Dealing with airlines....... there are some that I avoid and for good reasons !!!!

Meanwhile back in Perth........












No comments:

Post a Comment