Monday 11 June 2012

It was good to hear from Dad last night..... so i guess its about time i updated this blog. It has been a hell of a week last week, the added stresses of my job due to the govt's obsession of budgets and saving money in the middle of a mining boom!!!... this on top of the increasingly hopeless situation of Sally's health. She is off the antibiotics and her sores are getting worse, the antibiotics are no longer effective, at best they kept the sores at bay but there has been no more improvements even while she was on the antibiotics. So with the antibiotics option no longer viable one wonders what is left to do. I see no end to this ordeal. I am now needing to changing bandages twice per day rather than just once per day, that alone is proof positive that things are getting worse. It makes me wonder where this will all end.

This month marks a year since this ordeal started. Sally's health conditions first became evident in July last years, during the dreaded "The Three Weeks" - a period of time when bad things happens to Jews. This was when both the 1st and 2nd Temples were destroyed, both amazing on the same day on the lunar calendar. The Three Weeks represents events leading up to the destruction of the Temples. Calamities involving Jews through the ages including that of the Holocaust all started during The Three Weeks. And every year without fail something bad always happens to me during this The Three Weeks, and where I was able to keep records, events in the past many years before I have known of this phenomenon can be traced back to this period. A case in point, the car rental fiasco back in 1998 during my trip to America. At that time I have had no knowledge nor awareness whatsoever of this Three Weeks period nor the date of the Temples' destruction. However the car rental fiasco occurred almost exactly during this Three Weeks, the start of the rental being just a day after the start of The Three Weeks, and the car being finally dropped off at the depot just a day before the end of The Three Weeks. It was this fiasco that ultimately led to my bankruptcy, the consequences of I am still living with to this day. This is proof positive that The Three Weeks is not a matter of psychological suggestibility nor is it a case of "self fulfilling prophecy". I have learned from an early age that there is no such creature as "coincidence", there is always a reason behind things happening. This also means that if I am not physically Jewish, my soul must be Jewish - I have always been drawn to the Jews since an early age, always fascinated by them, indeed I have always loved them.

And so Sally's current health conditions began during The Three Weeks in July last year, and this ordeal have changed me forever, and not for the better. Even if things were to improve tomorrow, indeed if I was to be set free from this tomorrow, I will never be the same again. Suffering can either make or break a soul, it depends on how we are wired. Some have the ability to rise above such suffering and become better people, others have no ability to rise above this and so the soul is broken forever - more cynical, less trusting, perpetually depressed, suicidal, and with no hope of ever being happy again. I am of the latter. And I am utterly petrified of what The Three Weeks beginning July 7 this year will bring this time around, especially with no improvements in Sally's conditions, indeed worsening conditions.

Now on a slightly happier note.... the Magpies had another win and are on top of the ladder. I didn't think my Maggies would do as well this year, but it seems that they currently are doing so. My tipping doing ok, managed 4 points from 6 this time. According to the stats I have at least average to above average results in the tipping compared to the rest of the State - or whoever are on the newspaper's tipping comp.

The storms over the weekend were said to be the worst in ten years. There has been widespread power outages, with some expected to be without power for a week. This time we escaped unscathed, with no property damage and no power outages. However the forecast is for another storm of at least equal intensity to come in tonight, this will mean more damage and more power outages. It will remain to be seen whether we will escape this time around. This has been a very stormy start to the winter, and we usually don't get such severe weather here in Perth!!

Tomorrow I will try to remember to do a quick report on whether we survive the storms tonight or even whether the storms will come at all, as sometimes the storms does not come as forecast, sometimes it just fizzle out and all we get is a bit of rain. Let's hope this is so...........

No comments:

Post a Comment